Chapter Two

PHOTO: Toby Walker (love interest)

Toby's POV

Man that girl was hot. I hope she needs an oil change very soon. She looked so hopeless when I got there too. I see people broke down every day in my line of work but I felt more obligated to help her than usual. I was drawn to her for some reason. It was something about her.

"Toby! "

"What?! "

"I have been calling your name a while now, where is your head? "

Val was looking at me with that same look she always does. She is always complaining about something. After two years, I don't know of dealing with it, I don't know why I haven't run for the hills already.

"We'll?! ", Val yelled.

"We'll what? What is it that you need? More money so that you can disappear with your girlfriends again tonight? "

"Actually, yes I do need money but not to for that. We need food at the house and you sure can't be depending on to get it. If you aren't at work, you're working on your bike. "

My bike is there for me more than her and if she was more of a better girlfriend to me , maybe I wouldn't have to be outside avoiding her so much.

"My wallet is in my desk, I have to help this customer that just walked in. We can talk about this later. "

.......

As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that Val's car wasn't there. That didn't surprise me and I was actually releaved. I didn't want to deal with her. It was a busy day at work today and I just wanted to relax.

I walked into the kitchen, I already grabbed a bite to eat on my way home but our conversation earlier made me curious. Just as I thought, when I looked through the fridge and cabinets, it was obvious that she had not been grocery shopping. I really don't know how much longer this is going to wotlrk out.

I sat down to watch tv and my mind drifted back to earlier today. When I changed that woman's tire. What was her name? That's right, Emily. Oh Emily what is it about you? You seemed so frail but so attractive. I imagined what it would be like to kiss those beautiful moist lips of hers. I fell asleep thinking about her and was woke to Val walking into the door. I looked up at the clock and it was two in the morning.

"Where are the groceries? " I asked. already knowing that she never intending on getting them in the first place.

"I ran into Liz on my way there and I couldn't leave her alone after the day she had. Frank left her and she was a mess. "

I knew she was lying because she could barely hold herself up and reaked of alcohol.

"Maybe he wouldn't have left her if she wasn't such a slut", I mumbled.

"What was that? "

"Nothing , I'm going to bed. Good night. "

The next day of work wasn't any slower. I love the work I do though so it didn't bother me. My father was a mechanic and so was his father. It became a family tradition and I have been working on cars all of my life. I was almost closing time when she pulled up. I noticed her right away. I could never forget Emily's face, she was even in my dreams.

"Hi, I was very lucky to get this free oil change card from you since I am actually overdue for one. "

She walked in with a young boy, I am assuming he is her son. He looks just like her. He seemed like he didn't want to be here so I offered to have him come watch me do the oil change. He seemed to really like that, he asked so many questions as he watched me work.

"We'll it's done and you know one of my hobbies I am working on is a bike that I am fixing up. And if he ever wants to, he can come over and help. I noticed he enjoyed it today. I am free thus weekend. "

"I actually have a surprise for him this weekend but maybe next weekend", Emily replied.

I noticed Brendon was over at the magazine rack so even though it was a surprise, I figured it would be OK to ask. "Oh, what surprise is that? "

"Why such an interest in what we are doing this weekend? "

She caught me off guard with that question. I couldn't tell her that my interest was her or that I just wanted our conversation to continue because I didn't want her to go.

"Sorry, I don't mean to pry. I was just curious, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. "

She laughed before she answered, even her laugh was beautiful. Everything about her seemed perfect.

"It is fine, I am taking him to the water park. "

"Sounds like fun, hope you have a blast! "