Chapter Eight

Toby's POV

I could tell that she didn't like the fact that I wouldn't talk about myself. I felt bad too, because she told me so much about herself. I have had a rough past and I don't mind telling her about that, because I accomplished so much through my tough past and I am proud of that. I was raised by my grandmother for years because of my father having a drug problem and my mother was unable to support me on her own. And I became rebellious and even with the partying I did, I came out of all of that on my own and forgave my father. No thanks to Val, whom I met at the club before I changed my life around. She still wants to party and I don't. And that is the part that I can't talk to her about, is Val. I can't help how hard I have fallen for Em and I am not happy with Val but I am with Val and I started this thing while still with her. I hadn't thought about all of this before now. I stayed with Val, only because she was there through my rough path but now I am realizing, that is because she is not a good person herself and I know that I have to end it now, before I take things any further. I don't know where things are going to go with us because Em keeps telling me she isn't ready for a relationship. At the same time, she hasn't pushed me away completely and I can't keep this secret anymore or I may end up pushing her away myself.

I am so confused and wish my grandmother was here now, to talk to. She was always there for me and I miss her much now.

"Hey dude, everything alright? You look like your dog just got run over by a truck or some shit. " Keith had just walked into my office, which wasn't like him. We haven't been as close as we used to be since I stopped partying. I needed a friend right now though so I guess he was better than nothing .

"I'm in a tough situation, Keith"

"What's up? " he asked, in his way of acting concerned. I guess advice from him is better than no advice. Hopefully it isn't dumb advice though, never know coming from him.

"I met this girl.. "

"Oh shit! So that where you been a lot? "

"What do you mean where I have been a lot? "

"Well you know me and your girl go to the same club, it is where we all used to go. Can't help but over hear the drunk gossip. "

"Yeah, I knew she has lying and going out every night , I'm not stupid and it is one the reasons that pushed me away from her. "

"Then what is the problem dude? Obviously you want this other girl and not Val. "

He was right, the answer was so obvious. I don't know why I even questioned it.

"You are right man! ... Oh and we need to chill again soon dude. "

"Hell yeah we do, but if you leaving her, do you mind if I be Val's shoulder to cry on? " he asked with a wink. Which didn't surprise me, he is a man slut, don't care who knows, and I wouldn't be surprised if they already hooked up with them partying together like they do. "Dude she is a grown woman and can do what she wants so go ahead, maybe you two will hit it off better since you are more alike obviously." I then grabbed my keys and asked him to lock up for me.

I felt really good about this and actually was thrilled that I would finally get her out of my life. They aren't lying, when they say that you can't turn a hoe into a house wife.