Chapter Thirteen

//Daniel

It has been five months since Maddie gave me her sweet yes, and things were a lot better than

 expected.

It was actually the first time that Maddie formally introduced her boyfriend to her parents, and well they  weren't surprised at all. They said that they always knew this moment would come and they couldn't be  happier for the both of us. Same goes with me and my parents, so yeah that part was easy.

As for Alexa and Liam, they are also doing pretty well. Fortunately, there was not a bit of awkward  between the four of us. In fact, we became like best friend couples or whatever you call it. We made it a thing to have double dates atleast once a week if possible.

As for Maddie and I, well it couldn't be better. It's like one of em fairytales or those cheesy teenager movies or whatnot. Oh wait. Everything would've been perfect, if Maddie isn't going to die any time  soon.

Amidst all this happiness, I still couldn't believe that Maddie is sick; that she could die any minute now. I must treasure every living moment with her, cause her days are counted, and I couldn't imagine what my life would be without her.

"Helloooo," Maddie said, snapping her fingers in front of me, trying to get my attention. It didn't take me too long to realize that I was staring into empty space for the past few seconds.

"There you go again with your deep thinking moments," she said. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, and we were eating at this new place called "BigKups", a store which sells big cupcakes but swears that they are still cupcakes, not cakes.

"Haha, I'm sorry," I said. Maddie took another bite on the big almond chocolate cupcake. She then flashed a smile, purposely leaving some of the cake on and in between her teeth.

"Gross," I laughed.

"Well, I finally caught your attention today," she said as she licked all of the cupcake bits off her teeth.

"You've been either staring into blank space or just plain silent. What's wrong? Am I boring you?" she asked.

"Oh gosh no, you always have my attention and I could see you a million times everyday and still not get bored of you," I said. "I just have a lot of things to think about that's all."

"Whatever," she said. "So what do we do now?"

My eyes widened when I saw her empty plate. I swore there was still a big chunk or cupcake like three seconds ago. "Uhmm.. I have no idea really."

She stood up and brushed her pants. "Let's just take a walk in the meantime. I need a way to burn these calories." And we did.

We've never been to this side of the city before. Will we get lost, a big maybe, but we're adventurous people and we always get lost in random places and we always find our way back, so that wouldn't be a problem.

We passed by a bookstore, and since Maddie loved books so much we decided to spend some time there. The same happened when we passed by this thrift shop, seafood museum and a shoe store.

We continued walking after spending twenty minutes in the shoe store, looking for another place to spend the rest of the day in. Then we passed by this beautiful church. A sign outside said "Healing Mass at 3:15" and so I thought, why not go to church?

Despite Maddie being a Catholic, she isn't really the type who goes to church every Sunday. She has this point of view wherein the Church is just making their own rules and just making money off of people. I very much disagree but I respect her opinion. Besides, it's a healing mass. What if it would heal her sickness? I know that it takes a whole lot of faith for these healing masses to work but I'm taking all the chances I could.