Chapter Nine

Picture: Alexa

- - -

"What's my favorite color?"

"Purple."

"What shade particularly"

"Aubergine."

"Food?"

"Adobo."

"Shampoo?"

"What in the world, even you shampoo brand?"

So I was once again in Alexa's house. We've been pulling off the "relationship" thingy for about a week now. Liam thought that it would be a great idea to go on a double date, since he was still suspiscious, so we're having a lunch date with them tomorrow. We thought that it would be better if we'd go over things, get to know each other better and whatnot, just in case things get too interrogative. So far, we're still on the Getting To Know Alexa bit.

"Kidding," she said. I sat on her bed with her Aubergine colored bedsheets. Ahh, girls. To them there's lilac, plum, aubergine and whatnot, but to us men it's just purple. Anyway, she seemed tired from walking around and asking me about herself so she sat down beside be.

"We are such great actors," she said. "I think Liam's buying it. He keeps on asking me questions about you, and then he starts telling me bad stuff about you. Ta~nan. Signs of jealousy." She was smiling, she must've really liked that Liam guy. I wonder how she'd feel when she's like 40, and she's married to another man, and remember the time when she had to fake a relationship just to win back a guy who she wasn't really meant to be with.

"Good for you," I said.

"What about you? Has Maddie done something unusual or something?" she asked.

I paused, trying to look for the answer. I wasn't really sure if Maddie was affected knowing about my relationship with Alexa, she seems pretty happy about it. Well, as long as Liam's affected, that means he still has feelings for Alexa, and then he will eventually leave Maddie, making me her knight in shining armor.

"Hello?"

"Oh, sorry Alexa. I was just.."

"That's another thing. You should stop calling me Alexa, make me a cute hubby name or just call me differently. You know, like how Liam calls Maddie Madeline, and how he used to call me Andy. We should call each other something else too."

Oh yes, I hated how Liam calls Maddie Madeline. It isn't even part of her name, excluding anagrams, of course. She's making a whole new person out of her, or something. Well whatever, she's his anyway, there's nothing I could do.

"He calls you Andy?"

"Used to. Stress on the used to."

"But Alexa fits you perfectly."

"Of course it does. But I still want you to call me by something else. It's a must."

I crossed my eyebrows in an incredulous manner. "Seriously?"

"I tend to be demanding," she giggled.

"Uhh.. okay, fine."

She literally jumped in her seat, "Great! So I was thinking, maybe I should call you Danny, or Dayel.  There's not much wordplay I could do since you don't have a second name. I, on the other hand, have Alexandra, you could call me Lexi, Exa, just not Xandra, please. And also there's.."

"Whoa.. slow down."

She was talking too fast that she needed to catch her breath. She was actually pinkenning, which was so cute. She's like a baby left on under the sun for a minute.