Can We Not?

"Hey, sissy, hows the kiddos doing?" Addison asked, wrapping an arm around my waist. I patted my swollen belly then declared, "They're kicking and fighting but right now, they're calm so knock on wood for me."

She leaned over and tapped on the mahogany wood of the doorway before her eyes wondered over towards the nurses' station where Izzie and Alex stood laughing.

I hid my face in my sleeve as I walked towards Alex before I grabbed his wrist then drug him away from her.

"Can we please discuss baby names instead of you chit chatting with Izzie Stevens,the hot model doctor that you used to dream screw?" I hissed, frowning at him. He brushed his lips against my forehead then declared,"Don't be jealous, sweetheart. Walk and talk with me."

He brushed my hair out of my face then stated,"There,gorgeous. Now I can see you without a problem." I rolled my eyes at his nicknames then claimed a gurney that was placed against the wall.

"We should do another ultra sound before you guys start thinking of names." Addison suggested as she joined us beside the gurney. Alex nodded and they led my pregnant ass into an exam room where a ultrasound was waiting with my name across the top of the screen... Literally.

Alex helped me up onto the bed then raised my shirt,pressing a kiss to my skin before he backed away,allowing my sister to coat my stomach with lubricant then used the wand to swipe the gel across my belly.

"Okay, let's do a head count first." Addie suggested, glancing at the monitor. She swiped the ball over and over again and grinned at the sight of my twins wiggling around then stated,"Both of them is alive and well. Let's see if they'll reveal themselves to us."

The first one, the baby lodged beside my ribcage, turned out to be a boy and I couldn't help but beam at the news as my sister revealed to me the sex of both my babies.

"Its a boy and a girl!" she cheered, grinning at my boyfriend. He gripped my hand and kissed my knuckles before we eagerly chatted about names only to be separated and sent on our ways for our current cases of the day.

"So." Izzie started as she approached me. Her and I was stuck on the same service,which was Addison's, and she was about to try for conversation about Alex.

"So?" I mocked, turning to her. She gulped and said,"Look, Aviana, I don't know what I did to make you act like this but I want us to be friends again."

"Izzie, I'm pregnant with twins. I'm going to have mood swings. Sue me." I explained before entering the patient's room where Addison was waiting for us. She turned and glared at us, a signal that we were late, before she returned to the patient who was very pregnant.

"This is Dr. Parker-Montgomery and Dr. Stevens. They will be assisting me for your case." Addie explained,motioning a hand towards us. I waved in greeting while Izzie nodded her head.

"Girls, meet Mrs. Dorie Russell. She's giving birth to quintuplets. All girls." I smiled then scooted closer before gushing,"Oh, it must be so exciting! Five babies, all at once! "

"It truly is! How many are you expecting, sweetheart?" Dorie asked in return. I beamed back and answered,"Just two. A girl and a boy. "

"You get the best of both worlds, how wonderful. How far along  are you?"

"Eighteen weeks." I explained. We chatted and Addie gave a small laugh, shooting me a wink.

"Alright, you two. I'm going to recruit the rest of our surgeons that's aiding us." Addie informed us,motioning for Izzie and I to follow her out of the room.

"What about Miska for a girl and Nathaniel for a boy?" I suggested, nudging Alex as I approached him and Meredith. He grinned at the name then declared, "Genius! I get to pick middle names then."