Sneak Peak/Epilouge: I'm Back

"Dr. Parker,somebody by the name of Alex Karev called and left a voicemail for you."a nurse announced. My head jerks up and I exclaim, "What'd he say?" She jumps back from my loud tone and declares,"He said, well, here's what he said." She taps a button and Alex's voice flows out of the voice. He sound older, more worn out. I guess that's what residency does to you.

"Aviana, hey, um, well, it's Alex.. Karev. We used to work together. Look, Avi, something has happened. Something has happened to George. Its bad and we need you to come back. Please, its bad and I think." He chokes up and whimpers,"I think he may die,Avi. Please sweetheart."

My eyes flutter shut and I state, "Tell Naomi I'm taking a few days off. I think the girls and I need to go home for a while." The nurse nods and I walk out to my car before I drive home where my four year olds are playing with Cooper, my best friend.

He grins at the sight of me and the girls rush at me when they notice that their friend stopped playing,"Mommy! They tackle me into a vicious hug and I let out a small laugh then meet Coop's eyes who realizes what my mood is at the moment.

"Hey,girls, how 'bout you two get your shoes and jackets on?" I offer and they run to their room eagerly to obey. Cooper straightens and I close my eyes as he asks,"What's wrong?"

"I've gotta go to Seattle. I would leave the girls here with you but I think we're going to need a week at least there, plus you have to work too."

"You didn't answer my question. You wouldn't go back there even if somebody had a knife to your neck and was forcing you back. So what's going on there?" he pushes,wrapping me into a famous Cooper hug. I sigh and murmur,"An old friend is dying. I need to see him before he passes."

"Ah, I understand. Alright, I'll see you when you get back, beautiful." I smile and hurry the girls to the car then buckle them in after packing a few small bags before begins to drive north. After hours and hours of driving, finally, we reach a cute motel and I pull into the parking lot then notice that Miska and Mariah is asleep.

I smile softly and lift them into my arms after securing bags onto my back then check ourselves in. The morning comes and I'm exhausted, considering that I could bring myself to sleep at all last night.

"Alright girls, if you get dressed quick enough,we'll grab breakfast on our way out, okay?" I coo, clapping my hands. They share the same conniving grin then rush to get ready, giving me a moment of peace. In a record time of twenty five minutes, I've got the kids fed and we're standing in front of what was previously known as Seattle Grace but has now been modified to Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.

"Mommy, why are we at a hospital?" Mariah questions, turning her head to stare curiously at me. Miska turns her head with her lips pursed then replies sassily,"Obviously mommy is going to save lives, you twit." Mariah smacks her twin and before they could begin a full on smacking war, I drag them inside and we ride up the elevator to where I figured I could find George. ICU.

I glance around and spot a woman with silk black hair that was pinned up in a bun before I stop her and ask, "Do you know where I could find George O'Malley?" Her chocolate eyes narrow at the sight of me but merely softens when she takes notice of the girls.

"Um, can I ask how you know him?" Her voice of soft but has a hard undertone and I realize that she must be close with him so I answer honestly, "We used to work together. Its been a while and I heard that he's not doing so well." She nods and leads me to a patient run where a seemingly lifeless form lays with bandages hiding his true identity.

I inch closer and instruct the girls to stand in the doorway and not move before I walk up and whisper, "George? Is that you?" His head rolls to face me and he seems to look at me with awe and disbelief before I grab his exposed hand and draw, "007?"

He taps three times on my wrist, which was our code for yes, and I sob at his condition.

"Mommy,what's wrong?" Mariah demands, stepping forward. My eyes flutter shut as George turns his attention to my girls.

"Yours?" he gasps out and begins to cough harshly,causing me to panic, only for the sound to die off.

"Yes, Georgie, this is Miska Isabelle and Mariah Lynn. They're my babies. Girls, this is a very old friend of mine." He grips my hands weakly and traces out the words, So pretty, just like you. The tears that are boiling in my eyes and I cry,"No, not like me. George, what have you gotten yourself into?" His body begins to shake and at first I think he's crying as well but then I realize he's laughing before he writes again Was doing job. Hit by bus.

"My God, you can avoid a guy falling from the sky but you can't miss a bus? Dammit, you had one job and that was live til you die naturally." One shoulder raises slightly before I smile softly and he writes, So sorry. Didn't mean to.

"It's not your fault, George. How could you know that you were going to hit it by a bus?" He grips my hands with a weak grip then replies, Pushed lady out of way.

I didn't respond to that because I didn't get the chance to. His heart rate begins to drop rapidly, causing the monitor to beep continually. I stand up immediately and grip his shoulders then scream, "George? Don't you do this to me! Don't you dare!"

I race out of the room then shouts,"Help! Someone help me! Help, code blue, code blue!" The dark haired woman dashes over and into the room followed by a few nurses and a man in navy blue scrubs and I pull the girls to the side as a crowd begins to build.

I start to notice that there is new faces and old ones as well so I pull the twins towards the edge of the hallway only for me to bump into someone, "Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." I tense at the voice but he's too focused on what's going on with George to take a look at my face which is good. Suddenly, the monitors go quiet and I know what has happened.

Someone calls out the time of death but I'm numb to the senses as the doctors file out and faces fall leading to tears. The black haired doctor steps forward and states, "Before George died, he said something I didn't quite understand."

"Which was?" a woman with dirty blonde hair asks, stepping forward and I realize that I know her. Dr. Meredith Grey.

"He said,'Stay, Aviana. Take your job back.' Anybody know an Aviana?" Several people turn to one another immediately and I shrink back against the wall, only for Mystery Girl to notice me, "You! You were the last one in there before he died!" Everyone turns to stare, causing them to gasp.

"Um, hi?"

And there we have it,folks, our newest and *sobs* last chapter. But the sequel will be out soon. Like, today soon! Fallen Angels Are Made To Save Lives will be the sequel!! Oh and did I mention that its already up!!!