Ana's Angel

By the time,Meredith,Izzie, and George had arrived at the hospital, I had already been assigned to a case, done several sutures, and even pronounced someone dead. Let's just say I had a kick start,so to speak.

" You are the first person they see in the morning. You say please. You say thank you. You apologize for waking them up." Bailey informed as we stood in front of her at the nurses' station, waiting for our assign-patients for the day. God, Alex is rubbing off on me. Ew. Alex cooties.

The Evil Spawn himself finally decided to show up, earning a glare from our resident before she continued speaking," You make them feel good about you. Why is that important? Cause then they'll talk to you and tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell your attending what they need to know during rounds. And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there. I want pre-rounds done be 5:30 am."

We scurried off and I was stuck in the locker room, waiting on everyone to leave when I spotted Derek by the door. I groaned internally, then approached him and declared,"I can have you arrested for trespassing on my bubble, you know. It's illegal."

"Cute. I mean, really, that's adorable. But, I need a favor. Patient was brought in, nails in his head. Wanna help out?" My eyes widened and I nodded rapidly before I followed him to the Trauma Room.

"Jorge Cruz. Fell down a flight of stairs, holding a nail gun, shot himself in the head seven times." another doctor informed me as they shuffled around the room. My eyes widened and I whispered,"Remarkable!"

"Someone please help! I can't see," the poor man whimpered. I grabbed his hand and assured him,"Mr. Cruz, my name is Aviana. I'll be helping with your case. Please, just calm down, and tell me about yourself."

"M-my name is Jorge Cruz. I-I have a wife. I love taking pictures,"he informed me, close to tears. I nodded, even though he couldn't see me, then wondered, "What's her name? What's she like?"

His heart rate begun to steady as Meredith, Alex, and George arrived then she pointed out, "Those look like,"

"Nails,"I finished for her. "Yeah, we noticed. Poor man fell down a flight of stairs, shot himself seven times. His name is Jorge Cruz."

"I can't see my hands,Aviana!! Please do something," Jorge begged. George yelped then jumped and exclaimed, "He's conscious!" I petted the patient's hand and declared,"It's alright, Jorge. I'm right here. Your wife! Tell me about her."

He explained that her name was Sona, that she hated guns period, loves the color red, and always made terrible omelettes on Sundays cause that's the only thing she apparently knows how to cook.

"Somehow he managed to miss a blood vessel. That's a minor miracle. Optic nerve's been affected. Can you feel this? Numbness on his right side. What's our immediate concern?" Derek asked.

"Infection." Meredith quipped. He nodded then declared,"Right. I wanna be pulling these nails out in the next half-hour. I need a CT."

"CT's are down." I sung before I went back to talking with Jorge.

"What?"

I rolled my eyes then demanded, "Are you deaf? You heard me. They exchanged them out last night. Computer's crashed; have them back up by 1:00."

"So typical. So what are the options?" he asked, scanning our faces.

"An MRI?" George suggested.

"No!" Derek and I shouted in unison, causing Jorge to jump in shock.

I laughed then declared,"There we go, Jorge. Calm down. Sona is on her way, okay? We're going to use a sedative, so we can get ready to pull out these nails." He nodded, and stated."I understand. I'm ready." George pushed the sedative into his IV, then pulled the needle out before we stepped out of the room.