Chapter Twenty-Seven

That evening, after a long, hot shower, I make my way downstairs and find Kevin on the couch.

"Where's Alexander?" I ask him.

He stands up in a flash and bows down at me. "He went out for a run, Luna."

"With who?" I ask although I have a pretty good idea.

"With lady Rosalie."

"Lady Rosalie?" I ask in disgust. "You're kidding right?"

But Kevin doesn't say anything.

"Arggg!" I yell in frustration.

I miss Jake so much. I feel so lonely.
Why did he go out with HER? He chose her over me again.

"I am done!" I yell.

Kevin frowns. "Luna?"

"Give me the car keys."

"The Alpha said to not let you out."

So he's back to his old habits. Well if he thinks I am just going to stay here while he has fun, he is wrong. "I wasn't asking for permission, Kevin. Give me the damn key, it is an order."

I don't know if it's my Luna side or because I look as pissed of as I am but he hands me the kiss.

I half run to the car and I just drive and park on the first bar I see which is pretty decent. I sit on a stool and order wine.

I drink the shot in a gulp.

"Another one." I say.

The bartender is a wolf and I think he knows I am the Luna because he doesn't hesitate.

I just want to forget everything. I hate being jealous almost as much as I hate Rosalie.

"Hey."

I turn and meet a guy's gaze. He is pretty handsome and has 'bad boy' written all over him. He has a muscular body and tattoos all over his arms and chest. He's wearing jeans with a black muscle shirt. He has short, black hair and green eyes. He's also a wolf, I can smell him.

"Who are you?" I ask.

He bows down his head with a smile on his lips. "You are the Luna of SilverMoon right?"

"And you? I have never seen you before."

He leans closer to me but I don't mind. I don't know if I am being reckless but who cares anymore?

"That's because I am a rogue." he whispers in my ear.

I take a sip of the bottle of wine. "And how did you make it past the SilverMoon boundaries?"

He shrugs. "I am a pro."

I roll my eyes at him.

He frowns. "You are not like any Luna, I've met and I've met a few. What are you doing here, getting drunk?"

I shrug. "The Alpha is being an ass so I ran away to reach him a lesson."

He grins. "I like you. Most Lunas just do whatever their Alpha tells then to."

I snort. "Not me. No one tells me what to do specially not some Alpha."

He sniffs the air. "How come I can't smell your wolf?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Long story, why don't you tell me why you decided to be a rogue?"

He shifts in his seat uncomfortably. "Why don't I tell you my name and you tell me yours?"

"Leila." I say.

He nods. "Matt."

I nod and take a long sip of the wine.

"So you want to go out and have some fun or what?" Matt asks touching my arm with the tips of his fingers.

I hear a growl and my heart skips a beat and then I realize that it's the bartender. He is glaring at Matt.

I am so drunk that I laugh. "I am not sleeping with you."

"I know." Matt says. "I am on my way to a party just a few blocks from here. You wanna go or are you too afraid of the Alpha."

I take another sip of the wine angrily. "Let's go."

The bartender grabs my arm. "Luna, don't."

I yank my arm back. "Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what to do?"

Despite his buffness, he looks a little scared.

I turn around and follow Matt outside.

He's mounted on a motorcycle and I get on behind him and clasp my arms around his waist.

The air feels so good as it hits my face. I am suddenly filled with adrenaline and I love it. I forget about everything. The party is in a house and it seems to be a high school party- my kind if party. Matt is actually a really nice guy. He drinks all but one beer the whole night and he dances with me.

It is dawn when he takes me to his place, which is a small apartment, where I crash the moment my head touches the pillow.

_______________

"So are you going to tell me why you became a rogue?" I ask Matt slowly as I begin to eat pancakes from Denny's.

It is around noon and I woke up about an hour ago. My wolf is starting to get impatient. She is commanding me to go home to Alexander. I want to see him too, really badly but I want Rosalie gone.

Matt shrugs. "I was born in a rogue family, not really a choice."

"So what do you do? Just run around?"

He nods. "Until they discover me, yes."

"Is that family still around?"

He stands up. "We should get you home."

He looks so angry that I don't object. Sure he hasn't hurt me, yet, but I don't want to risk it. Besides, the idea of seeing Alexander soon is impossible to deny.

We get on his motorcycle and he drives us back to the house.

He stops a few feet before we reach it, right in the middle of no where but the house is visible.

"I'll drop you off here. I don't want today to be my last day." he laughs at his own joke.

I hop off the motorcycle. "Thank you for the distraction."

He grins. "Anytime. I, uh, put my number in your phone."

I laugh. "Okay, I'll call you. Let me know if they catch you, I will save your life."

"Well, I am flattered."

We laugh and then I hug him. "Take care." I say then begin to walk towards the house as I hear the motorcycle drive away.

"Leila!" Jake yells when he sees me.

I sigh. "Here we go."

"Where the hell were you?" Jake demands throwing his hands in the air. "Do you have any idea how angry the Alpha is right now?"

I sigh as I walk past him and into the house. "Yes, I do."

I find Alexander in the living room. He is sitting down with his hands on his face with Rosalie next to him, soothing his back. The scene makes my blood boil and I regret coming back. I am a joke to them.

Alexander raises his head when I walk in and I meet his gaze.

"Leila." he breaths in relief and he's in front of me in an instant.

I don't miss Rosalie's death glare but I ignore her for now.

Alexander puts his arms around me. "God, where the hell were you?" he asks as he scans my body, looking to see if I'm hurt. Then, when he realizes that I'm not, he glares at me. "Do you have any idea how worried I've been?"

I glance at Rosalie. "Yeah, I can see that."

Alexander sighs then makes me look at him by putting his fingers under my chin. "Why do I smell another male on you?" he growls and his eyes begin to glow.

I roll my eyes at him. "Calm down, okay? I-" I sigh. "I just wanted a break, that's all."

He frowns. "A break from what?"

"From you, from her, from both of you." I say glaring at him.

"Leila, what are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about? " I ask in disbelief. "I am talking about how that bitch is always flirting with you and you don't see it! I am talking about how she wants to take my spot and you are not doing anything about it god dammit!" I yell at him.

"I love you and I already told you that that will never happen. I-"

"I want her out." I interrupt.

"What?"

"I. Want. Her," I point at Rosalie who is now standing next to Alexander glaring at me. "Out."

Alexander begins to shake his head. "I can't-"

I take a step back. "Choose Alexander. Her or me? You choose her and you will never see me again."

"I think-" Rosalie says.

"Oh, shut up." I interrupt her.

What is it that I see in her eyes? Fear? Oh, I am enjoying this too much.

Alexander shakes his head. "Leila, please, just a few more days."

I shake my head. "No, Alexander. Her father murdered my parents! I can't even look at her specially when she's trying to replace me!"

"No one will ever replace you." he promises.

"Then prove it!" I command.

He stays quiet for a moment and I get a little scared. What if he doesn't choose me? He has chosen her over me twice now, what the hell am I thinking? If he doesn't choose me, I'll run away. Maybe become a rogue with Matt. Right now, I just want to get this over with.

Even if his answer breaks my heart.

Comment and vote if you'd like!