Chapter Twenty-Two

"Woooo!" I yell at the top if my lungs moving my body to the rhythm of the music.

Stephanie and Karen laugh with me as we take over the dance floor. God. The club is so damn fun! I missed this so much! I missed my friends and even my school. It has been three months since the incident of me getting dumped (no I'm still not over that.) and I am having the time of my life. I went back I school and it's as if I never left. We just graduated and now we are going to college and this is our way of celebrating. The principal agreed to graduate me because Michael asked him to and he can't object to anything the Alpha says.

I was actually kind of happy to graduate. I will be starting college but only because I have nothing better to do. Besides, my friends are going and I am not done having fun and Michael said he'll pay it so that's just makes it even better. Stephanie, Karen and I already moved into our dorm. I am excited about that too. I mean, you get to live with your best friends and party everyday!

Ethan hands me a glass of wine. "Here, babe." he says pecking my lips.

Oh and Ethan and I went back together. Might as well. I know that that makes me sound like a bitch but I don't care. Just like HE didn't care when he dumped me. I mean, seriously, who dumps his girlfriend just because I went out with a guy? Okay, so maybe HE did have a point but I don't care. I am better off without him anyway. Everything is so much easier with Ethan.

I drink it in a sip. "Thanks." I say then grab his hand. "Come on, lets dance!"

We dance the night away and the last thing I remember is Ethan dropping us off on our dorm in NYU.

___________

I eat the chocolate fast before my wolf wakes up and begins to cry. She has been impossible to control ever since, well you know. She is constantly crying and whining because she misses HIM. I wish I could kill her somehow, without killing myself, of course.

The thing is that I am trying to forget about HIM. As if he never existed in my life but my wolf is making it very impossible and so is the mark on my neck. It hurts sometimes. I feel a shot of pain go down my neck and I hate it.

I hate HIM for doing this to me.

That afternoon, I get dragged by Stephanie to class. I just sit there and eat chocolate. After that, we go have some lunch at Subway.

"So how are you liking it?" Stephanie asks.

I laugh. "I like the party part better."

She looks down at my hot chocolate. "Are you sure you're alright?"

I sigh. "Would you stop asking me if I'm alright?"

"Leila, you have been eating more chocolate than usual and that only means one thing."

"It's all HER fault!" I hiss. "She won't stop whining and crying."

"She misses him."

Stephanie always wants to talk about HIM and it sucks because she really knows how to party so I just have to deal with it.

I roll my eyes at her. "Yeah, well, she better get used to it because I dont!" I stand up. "Im going to the dorm."

I walk there slowly but drinking my hot chocolate. I may need to get new friends if this keeps going. Friends that don't know about my past, that don't know about HIM.

With a, sigh I open the door of the dorm and walk in. Karen is in a class so I am alone. Ugh. Maybe this is a bad idea. I try to avoid being alone because that when my wolf decides to get impatient.

I turn around and jump. "Jake!" I say, placing a hand on my chest. I can feel my heartbeat. "Will you not do that?"

"No, 'hello, Jake it's good to see you, I've missed you tons?" he asks in a teasing voice.

I laugh and hug him. "Hello, Jake, it's good to see you! I've missed you tons!"

He bursts out laughing and then stops.

I frown. "What?"

"I'm supposed to be mad at you."

"Why?" I ask sitting on the bed.

"How can you do this to him?" he accuses in a very non like Jake voice.

"Do what to who?" I ask with a frown but I know perfectly what he's talking about.

"I don't think you realize how much he is suffering right now."

"Excuse me? Last time I checked, he was the one who broke up with me and it was all thanks to you!"

"He was on his way anyway! Besides, what was he supposed to do? He saw you with him! Leila, he needs you."

I stand up and open a chocolate bar. "Did he send you here?" I ask as I eat.

"No, of course not. This is how desperate I am. Leila, he isn't himself anymore. He locks himself in his office and doesn't come out. Tony is the one who is on charge right now. He misses you, Leila, and don't tell me that you don't miss him because I know you do."

He's in pain. I feel a knot of guilt build in my stomach. I don't want him to be in pain. God, I hate that I even care that he's in pain.

"If he wants me back then why doesn't he come here?" I ask eating another chocolate bar.

Jake takes my hands in his. "He thinks you are happy, Leila."

"I am happy." I tell him. "I have freedom again, Jake. I can do whatever I want whenever I want to. "

"Come on, Leila." he says looking at the chocolate wrappers then he looks back at me. "Are you going to deny that you miss him almost as much as he's missing you?"

I think about Alexander for a moment. His strong arms and body, his beautiful blue eyes, his voice. The mark in my neck begins to hurt and I wince in pain. I sooth it with my hand.

"What's wrong?" Jake asks taking a step closer.

I wince again. "This stupid mark. It's so annoying."

"You know that that stupid mark is the connection between you and him right? If it hurts it's because he's in pain."

I frown. "You're bluffing."

"Fine, don't believe me but know that you and him are connected, Leila, you two are connected in a unique way. What do you think that connects you two, huh? The mark. His blood runs in yours and your blood runs in his."

"How can you possibly know this?"

I try to hide it but Jake is scaring me a bit.

"Because I found her, Leila, I found my mate."