Chapter Fifteen

The truck comes to a sudden stop outside the house I now dare to call my home. It is dark and it feels like I haven't slept for days. Alexander walks out and I immediately feel cold an then he reaches out and puts his hands around my waist. He pulls me out and I lean on his body for support.

I frown when I see a very familiar truck parked just in front of us.

"Leila!"

My frown goes even deeper when I hear its owner. "Michael?"

He makes his way towards me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

I mean to sound more brave but I am trying and I can literally barely keep my eyes open. Alexander's hand tightens around me.

"We are going home." Michael states. I notice that he hasn't shaved for a few days and his eyes are glowing. He's angry.

"What?" I blurt out, really confused.

He reaches out but Alexander covers me with his body and he earns a growl from my older brother.

"Last time I checked, you were the one who left me here." I tell him with a glare.

"Because FadedNight wasn't safe but now it is besides the fact that Alexander, here, wasn't able to protect you from any harm."

Alexander looks down at the floor. He's upset and that makes both my wolf and I angry at Michael for remarking that.

"Alex has nothing to do with this." I tell him.

He throws his hands up in the air. "Oh? So you're defending him now? Since when do you defend people Leila? Since when do you defend an Alpha?"

"Since the day you left me here!" I yell at him. "You were the one who left me with him, Michael, don't forget that. I am never going to forgive you for that. So get back on your stupid truck and leave me the hell alone!" I start limping away from him and Alex walks after me and he helps me walk.

"You are my sister and I am not going anywhere without you!" Michael yells after us.

I hate this. I hate that Michael is here. I hate that I can't walk. I hate Jasper. I hate him for doing this to me.

Alex carries me up the stairs and into the room where I sit down on the bed with a sigh.

"He's right." Alex breaks the silence.

I frown. "What?"

"He's right. I haven't done a good job taking care of you and just keeping you safe. Maybe you should just go with him." He says clenching his jaw.

"Do you really want me to leave?" I ask a little hurt.

He is in front of me in less than a second. He reaches out and cups my face with his hand. "I don't. I will never want you to leave. Leila, you are mine." His eyes glow for a moment when he says that. "My wolf-we almost died without you and I know that I will never survive without you." He looks down. "But if you want to go back with Michael, I'll try not to stop you."

My heart warms at his words. The only way I looked at him is being an annoying, possessive Alpha. I never really thought about his feelings. My parents were mates. I haven't thought about my parents for a really long time now but Alexander's possession reminds me of my dad's towards my mom. Of course, my dad wasn't as bad but he was a little harsh. They were really in love. My mom was the first one to die and I will never forget my dad's painful face as he yelled that he didn't want to live without her. When the Alpha of the other pack attacked him, he didn't fight back. Not for Michael. Not for me. This helps me understand that whether I like it or not, Alexander and I are somehow attached. As much as I hate to admit, that connection will always be there.