Chapter Nine

I let the cold water run all over my naked body. The tears are running down my cheeks uncontrollably but I'm glad the water's there to clean them off. I don't want to look weak. I don't want anyone to hear me but I know that it's impossible when this house is full of wolves.

I hate feeling this way. I hate feeling this betrayal-this sadness. I never let my feelings out but I just couldn't hold them in any longer. It has been hours since Michael left and I still can't believe that he left me. He left me here with that stupid Alpha! He didn't care that I didn't want to stay. He doesn't care about me. God. Michael really got tired of me. I guess that it is my fault but he's my older brother. He's supposed to take care of me. He promised our parents. He has always been so protective but he seemed completely okay on leaving me with Alexander.

I close my eyes and let the water hit them. This is killing me. In a matter of days, I lost my boyfriend and now my brother. But they are so going to pay for this. I am bringing Alexander hell right to his house. Maybe he'll get tired of me too and kick me out. I don't know how long I stay in the shower. I stay there long enough for my fingers to wrinkle.

I roll a towel around my body and walk out to find the Alpha walking into the room at the same time. I hope that my eyes are not red or that my nose is puffy. I need to hide this pain from him.

I raise my eyebrows in a questioning way.

His eyes roam over my body and that makes my heart skip faster. He's wearing dark jeans with a tight white shirt that hugs his muscles in a very sexy way. I don't like the guy but I can't ignore or disagree with the fact that he is the most handsome man I've ever seen in my life. That is something that I will never admit to him.

"If you are planning on keeping me here, I'm going to need clothes, you know." I break the silence.

His mesmerizing blue eyes meet mine again and I can't ignore the electricity between us. Damn him. "Of course. I'll send someone right now."

"No." I say. "I have to go."

His expression darkens. "No." He states flatly.

"Alex, I have to choose my own clothes! I always have. Besides, I love shopping." I admit a little embarrassed.

He stares at me for a moment and then nods. "Fine but I'm coming with you."

I sigh. "Well, you don't get to shop with your crazy kidnapper everyday do you?" I say then let the towel drop on purpose.

I begin to put on my panties slowly feeling his stare and I smile, satisfied.

He clears his throat. "So tell me how you feel about Michael's decision?"

I flinch at his words. He says his name like they're best friends or something. I know that Michael had never met the Alpha of the strongest and largest pack. I know that they had a long conversation after I ran away but that doesn't make them best buddies.

I shrug as I put on my bra making my breasts bounce before clipping it on. He totally killed it. "Can we not talk about him?"

He nods with that mysterious look on his face. "Okay. Let's talk about you."

I roll my eyes at him as I slip in my shorts. "What would you like to know, Alpha?"

He seems surprised but he recovers quickly. "Why do you eat so much chocolate?" He blurts out.

I actually crack up laughing and I am rewarded with a smile from him.

"Of all the questions, you ask me this?" I finally ask.

"Yes, I do." He says with a frown.

"Why don't you bring me some and then we'll talk?" I suggest putting on my spaghetti straps blouse.