chapter 13

"And now... Which will it be?" Captain Hook asked his hostages after they got over the 'loss' of Atticus and Peter. "The pen... Or the plank!?"

"Captain Hook, we will never join your crew." Wendy said with a deep scowl.

"And I would rather die than be in your crew." Cherry glared at the evil captain.

"Suit yourself." Captain Hook glared in her face.

Cherry in return spit in his eye.

"Bad choice, my dear." Captain Hook said.

Cherry lowly growled.

"You and Wendy are going to be the first ones to walk on the plank." Captain Hook told her.

Cherry and Wendy nodded, then came to the group of the others.

"Goodbye, boys." Wendy told her brothers.

"Oh, Wendy, we'll miss you." Michael frowned.

"It was really nice meeting you." Pat sniffled.

Chris hugged Wendy and then Cherry as goodbyes.

"Be strong, John." Wendy told him.

"I shall strive to, Wendy." John promised his sister.

"Goodbye..." Michael started to cry.

"Come on you brats, let's get this over with!" Muscles glared.

The other pirates roared and growled, forcing Cherry and Wendy to get on with it. This looked like it could be the end of both of them. The two girls climbed up on the plank, looking down to their future watery grave. Cherry bore a grim expression while Wendy let a tear roll down her cheek. The both of them, thinking this was the end, took one last step and fell off the plank, heading into the ocean.

"Wendy! Cherry!" Michael cried.

The two then dropped down. Captain Hook grinned eagerly, but then instantly frowned as something was missing: The splash of death.

"N-N-No splash, Captain." Smee said, scared after not seeing a ripple in the ocean.

"Not a sound." Hook added.

Smee pointed into the water. "Not a bloomin' ripple!"

"It's a jinx, that's what it is." another pirate added in.

Unknown to any of them; Atticus, Peter, and Tinkerbell had survived the blast and had saved Cherry and Wendy. Peter carried Wendy while Atticus carried Cherry, they stayed quiet and hidden for now. Even if it was funny for the pirates to believe that the ocean could be jinxed. The Lost Boys, Darling brothers, Chris and Pat just stood in stunned silence and confusion.

"No splash, Captain." another pirate said.

"So... You want a splash, Mr. Starsky?" Captain Hook smirked to him, then grabbed him and threw him into the water. "THERE'S YOUR SPLASH! Who's next!?"

"You're next, Hook!" two voices called to the pirate captain.

"Those voices." Chris smiled.

"It can't be..." Pat added, surprised, but happy, she had to be imagining or hearing things though.

Captain Hook and Smee were spooked, they saw Atticus and Peter were alive and well.

"Say your prayers, Hook!" Peter drew out his sword.

"Yeah, because it'll probably be the last one you'll ever make!" Atticus added.

The others cheered to see Peter and Atticus.