Chapter 8: Fight For Your Right to Party

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."
Meister Eckhart

Blayze.

()()()

  When I walked into Ray's house, I was greeted by my cousin Allan.

  I was surprised to find him here. But then again, I knew he liked to go to house parties and drink. Myself, and a few of his friends—like Charlie Briggs—only knew that.

  "So Cuz," he said to me casually, with his red solo cup in hand, "You decided to show up?"

  I nodded. "Yeah, Will and a couple of other guys were supposed to meet me here."

  Allan slung his arm around my shoulder, and put his head close to mine. I think he was about to tell me a secret or something. "Well, I heard that a couple guys from Warner are coming to the party."

  I gave him a look that said you gotta be kidding me?

  He shook his head. "I ain't."

  Warner High's sports team was a rival to Wayward's. Whether it was football, basketball, wrestling, baseball- anything! Just know that they were our rivals. And that perhaps meant that a couple fights would be breaking out tonight.

  Before leaving my cousin I said hi to Charlie, his friend, who didn't look like he wanted to be at the party. That could only mean that Allan forced him to come.

  While I was enjoying a Sprite, I felt someone give me a monster punch right in the fucking arm. I knew it could only be Will.

  "So, you decided to show?!" he said this in a kind of off way I didn't catch in time.

  "Yeah," I responded with a bit of annoyance in my voice. "What made you think I wouldn't?"

  He shook his head. "It's cool man, it's just that you've been acting weird lately."

  "I haven't been acting weird..."

He scratched his neck and gave me a look that meant he wasn't convinced. "You haven't really talked to anybody today, and someone said they saw you in the hallway talking to yourself."

  "I wasn't talking to my- " I began, but Will interrupted me.

  "It's cool man." He patted me on the back quickly and reassuringly. "I mean, I'm sure you could get meds for that. I have ADHD, so, I feel ya."

  I couldn't explain to my friend that I was talking to Zanna. He probably didn't even know who she was. If I mentioned anything about talking to a ghost he'd really think I was cuckoo.

  Speaking of which, where were the weirdos? (Did weirdos come to these parties?). I needed to talk to one of them. I'm sure they could find out why the heck I was the only one who could see Zanna, who was barely even a ghost for that matter. She wasn't dead.

  Or was she? Now that I thought about it, I hadn't seen her for awhile. If she were to die after we had that huge argument, Damn it, I don't think I could live with myself.