Chapter Thirty Six

A/N: Hey guys! So, uh, I kinda screwed up the last part just a teeny bit (haha). I just rewrote Clare's power, so if you want, then you could go back and reread it. If not, then I'll just tell you now that she has the ability to mirror other magician's magic. That's all! Thank you and love you all! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two days later, everyone was gearing up for the predicted raid. Sans was out with a small group of spies to inspect the Cali-Utah-Oregon raid, so you accompanied Toriel and Frisk. Clare had informed you earlier that morning that you were to stay towards the nursery room as body guard for any possible invaders, so you were there with the kids and the motherly goat. Flowey was also there, snapping at every child that got too close for his comfort.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Frisk greeted with a smile, and then came an entire wave of toddlers to bid their hello. You were stuck under a pile of children for some time before Toriel gently pulled them off.

"Now, children. Please be nice to (y/n). She needs to protect us from the raid that is coming today." The goat said through a giggle and smiled up at you. The children nodded obediently and returned to their original task, allowing you to sigh and make your way to Toriel.

"Thanks, Toriel." You smiled and sat down next to her. 

"Oh, it's no problem really. These children are really darlings. They just get a little excited when they see someone new." She laughed and turned to Flowey. "Am I right, Flowey?"

The plant grumbled angrily and shook his petals stubbornly. At that moment, a small boy, about the age of three came up to Toriel.

"Tor-ree-el!" He shouted and lifted up a thin sheet of paper, revealing a messily drawn picture of a flower. It had six yellow petals, a green stem, and a face. It also looked liked Flowey, which make you giggle at the picture. "Look what I drew! Can you guess who it is?"

Toriel chuckled and looked at it for a bit, looking quite awed by the picture.

"Oh, my child! I don't know! Who is it?"

The boy beamed and pointed at Flowey.

"It's Flow-ee!"

"Fl-OW-y! It's Flowey for gosh-darn's sake!" The plant burst out in frustration and started to wave his leaves around. You laughed and gave the boy a thumbs up.

"It's a very nice picture." You smiled at him, causing him to smile back and run off to draw another picture. Flowey was steaming out of anger when Toriel looked at him with an amused smile.

"Well, your language is getting better." She chirped, causing him to groan.

"I wanted to call him an idiot so badly." The plant sputtered as Frisk approached the group, with Toriel's phone.

"Someone's calling. Should I pick it up?" Frisk asked, showing the screen to the goat. 

"I'll take it. The board has so many numbers nowadays, it's almost frustrating to keep up." She smiled and pressed the 'answer' button. "Hello?"

Her face dropped. Frisk, Flowey, and yourself immediately questioned her what was wrong but with every passing second, her hands shook with fear and her eyes became glassy with shock. Her mouth began to quiver and her breath became more dramatic. Eventually, she handed the phone to you and stood up to gather her things.

"We have to go, my child. Now." She muttered to you as she reached for her bag. You looked at her oddly and held the phone up to your ear.

"Greetings, (y/n)." The voice was female.