Chapter One

The smell of coffee started to fill the lonely room, along with the whirling of coffee machine. You stood next to the machine, waiting impatiently for the contents to brew so you can finally get to school. If you didn't leave in the next 15 minutes, you would be late and have to serve an hour's worth of after-school detention.

And honestly, you can't handle that wasted time when you have to help contribute for the next FMC's public debate. This time, it was going to be even more stressful, especially since the team decided to place you as one of the leading representatives.

The quiet 'beep' of the coffee machine went off, causing your arms to snatch your coffee mug and pour the liquid inside. Without thinking, you reached over to grab the sweetener, only to knock it over the counter with the flick of your fingers.

With a quick blink of shock, you felt time slow down for a second as your right eye flared a (f/c) aura, just in time to catch the sweetener before it fell and hit the carpet. You let out a deep sigh and lifted the bottle back onto the counter.

Since birth, you have grown into something that your parents called a "defect". For some reason, you had been able to control any amount of objects that your mind could keep track of without physically interacting with them. Along with that, you could lift yourself (practically, you can fly) if you wished. No one knows why you're like this, and for some reason...you felt like the only one.

Quickly, you stirred in the sweetener and sealed the top tightly. Glancing at the clock, you saw you had a spare five minutes to scram, so with a smile, you took off to get to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked right into your Chemistry class just as the bell rang, signaling that you were just on time. With a relieved smile, you took your assigned seat.

"Good morning, class. Today..." The teacher went on about our 'warm up' sheets and homework. You hated chemistry...it was your worst subject but you needed a better grade than a C to get a higher position in the FMC and you were willing to do anything for that club.

In this class, you sat with two other human students and a very tall skeleton. He wore this ridiculous t-shirt, shorts, and scarf which he called his 'battle body' everyday and was very loud. When you guys first met, he irritated you a bit, but he proved to be quite intelligent. You two didn't talk very much, but he was nice and that was all you needed.

Class was long and slow but eventually the teacher started to wrap things up, signaling that class was almost over.

"Before the bell rings, I'm returning your guy's test from last week. Please bring them back tomorrow and do tonight's homework." He announced, handing out the packets. With you, he handed it faced down. Grumbling, you peeked at the grade, allowing your eyes to meet with a big, fat D+ in red pen on the paper.

Sighing, you slipped it in into your binder as the bell rang. The skeleton started to jabber, like he always did.

"WHAT GRADE DID YOU GET, HUMAN?" He asked, smiling as he stuffed his school supplies into his bag. You turned to him, surprised that he was addressing you.

"Me?"

"YES YOU, HUMAN."

You laughed, trying to mask your nervousness.

"Well, it's not the best..."

He looked down at you as you walked out, trying to escape his presence.

"I'M SURE IT WAS GREAT!"

"Heheh. I mean, if a 'D' is good then I guess..." You mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact. With another chuckle, you started to feel pressured to explain your grades. "I mean, I don't really like Chemistry. It's...it is my worst subject."

"WELL...YOU CAN COME OVER TO STUDY LATER IF YOU LIKE..." He offered with an excited smile. You peered up at him, questioning his logic.

"Really?" You were weighing your options. This skeleton had straight A's in this class, and was practically the teacher's pet. Study or FMC....

"YES, HUMAN!" He answered as he walked along with you. His longer legs would occasionally allow him to speed up pass you but he always took note to slow down.

"Can I come over at 6 tonight?" You asked. You may have to leave early from practice but, you were sure the leaders won't mind. He nodded.

"OF COURSE! THAT'S JUST IN TIME FOR DINNER! I'LL MAKE YOU THE BEST SPAGHETTI YOU'VE EVER HAD." He clapped his hands excitedly. You couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm. He pulled out a slip of paper and handed it to you.

"THIS IS MY PHONE NUMBER, HUMAN! IF YOU NEED A RIDE OR MY ADDRESS, JUST TEXT ME!"

"Okay." You laughed and started to pull out your phone to input the digits.

"WELL, I GOT TO GO HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL SEE YOU TONIGHT!" He beamed and ran to his next class with a proud 'Nyeh heh heh!'.

Papyrus, huh? A little childish, but...I guess he's cool.

A/N: Hey guys! Haha, thanks for all of those that actually read this far. :) I'm not exactly sure how it sounds so far, but please comment on how you think of it! And I know it's a little slow but, it'll pick up! Thank you! <3