Chapter Eighteen

You growled and glared into the empty distance.

"Who are you?" You kept your voice steady, trying to intimidate the unknown caller. They just laughed. The voice was tuned through some pitch altering program...you couldn't figure out if it was a boy or a girl.

"That doesn't matter."

"Where's Frisk?" You started to feel anger prick upon your back. The voice just chuckled again.

"She's okay. But it's not her that I'm after."

"Then what do you want?" You spat, feeling the bitterness start to strain in your voice.

"You. You have something that I want."

"What exactly?"

"You know exactly what." They hung up on the other end, causing the anger to flare within you. What do they want?!

The phone buzzed from a text message.

••••••Text Message•••••••
Unknown ID: If you want the child ambassador back, you better come alone and cooperate.

You: Where are you?

Unknown ID: Two blocks down to your right. Don't tell anyone...or else...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You started to stuff the phone into your other pocket and made your way to the destination. There was a huge knot of fear and anger with your stomach, but somehow determination dominated over both of those hellish feelings. You had to get Frisk back.

Clenching your teeth and tightening your fist, you prepared yourself for what was to come. You didn't exactly know what was to happen, but were ready for it. Finally, you found yourself face to face with a dark alley and somehow, you felt that this was the place. Taking a deep breathe, you started your way inside. There were thick puddles of water that splashed against the back of your feet. The black shadows enveloped you into an uneasy bundle and the evening light was beginning to dim. The stench in the air was surprisingly bearable but it made you feel uncomfortable as you took more steps into the growing darkness.

"Well? I'm here!" You called out, trying to get some type of reaction. Only silence answered your call. Shaking your head, you took another step forward. There was a light creaking from above yourself, which caused you to see an unstable table about 20 feet above you. It fell over, causing you to jump out of the way to avoid the impact. "What the heck?" You breathed out from shock and wide eyes. Again, you shook your head and continued forward.

"Well, well, well...look who came!" A voice rung through the alley, echoing in the dim halls. Your eyes couldn't make out anyone speaking causing your cation to grow an extensive amount.

"So, where is she?!" You called out, hearing your own voice drown out the other's.

"You'll see her eventually." The voice chuckled, which you recognized was a male voice. You couldn't help but wonder...Do I know this person?

You growled in frustration and looked around, trying to find the source of the voice.

"Long ago, two races ruled over the earth.... HUMANS and MONSTERS..." The voice crackled in a confident laugh. "We all know the story, right?"

You remained silent, trying to push aside his cocky tone.

"The greatest of the human's magicians sealed the monsters to the underground with a magic barrier. And to be exact, there were seven of them." The voice chuckled again and paused, creating a state of silence. You started to glance around the halls, feeling something trickle down your back. Something was to jump and you didn't like it.