chapter twenty five-part two

on the side is a pic of ivan..

Part two

Abby’s p.o.v

I watched the scene in front of me from the door trying to figure out exactly what was happening. I could easily tell Brittney was mad and she was extra furious too as she kept on shouting at her alpha. I was not surprised fury tended to do that o people and this was after all Brittney.

My eyes travelled to Ivan who was becoming alarmed as Brittney continued provoking Preston.

She as his mate and I knew I was not imagining the moment when I saw a bit of longing flash in his eyes. It was a tell sign that even if he had rejected her still their bond was still open and in ways that could be explained by fate itself.

 I stayed there behind the scenes until everything was over and only Preston remained behind.

“Is this household always like a good movie with such a bad ending?” I asked moving closer to him as I stared at the doorway the others had just passed through. He shook his head with a slight smile yet as I looked into his eyes I could see the questions lurking there.

Questions that he would need to ask me.

I breathed in and he brought me into his arms...tightly hugging me as if there was no tomorrow. At the same moment in my mind the need to tell him everything came about but I just shrugged it away. I closed my eyes.

“You okay?” he asked.

I nodded. “Why won’t I be?” I tried smiling.

It felt like forever we were in each other’s arms. And truly it felt great to finally let go and accept him though in real sense it would make better sense if I could just tell him that I was part witch. That it was the major reason why I had been afraid to enter into a relationship with him in the first place...

“Come on...it’s getting late and my dad will be worried.” I said pulling him towards the door that led outside.

But as we opened the door we found Alexander standing there as if waiting for something to happen.

Preston said a really profane curse that sort of brought me back to the reality of what had happened before we left school earlier today.

Alex looked at me as if checking if I was fine...as if checking for any signs of cigarette burns or something near that.

“What the hell do you want now Benson?” Preston hissed.

Without even looking at him Alexander looked at me and asked me in my head so that only I would hear. “You did not tell him, did you?” he was referring to the question of whether 9 had told him thst I was also part witch.

I was still pissed at him for earlier. “Get out of my head!”

“You don’t have the right to do that...”Preston stated moving me so that I was now a bit behind him. it was as if he was trying to protect me from the big bad wolf...in the forest.

Alexander turned and glared at Preston. “Listen to me you have no idea of the real picture here okay? So I would suggest you back off”

I stepped in front of Preston no longer able to stand in the back. “Alex...I don’t care if you are my long lost cousin who just happens to king of England, you are not going to be my father. Okay? Are we clear on that?”

“I’m here to help Abby...that’s all. You think I’m here to destroy you...hell no...”

“It wouldn’t be a surprise...after all you come from the same bloodline as the man who murdered his own daughter.” I spat.