Chapter 16

I own nothing

Santana Lopez walked down the halls of McKinley held high. Her full HBIC look full on point making people scurry away in fear. Good. She liked the reactions she was getting. It felt amazing. She smirk when she spotted her first victim of the day. The one and only Finn Hudson.

Ever since she was kicked out of Mr.Shue's glee club she joined Shelby's Corcoran trouble tones with Mercedes and Britt. Since then the two leaders of the clubs were at each others throat. She didn't know what brought it on but she liked it. Well she thought she did.

"Hey fetus face." she gave him a big o'l fake smile and a petty wave. "I need to talk to you."

"You have no right." one the newest member of new directions named Rory stood up for Finn.

"Shut up leprechaun." Santana addressed the kid. "I'm trying to apologize to Finny boy here."

She turned back to the taller boy and Said. "I am sorry Finn. I mean i'm really, really sorry New directions is gonna get crush by my trouble tones. I'm sorry you have no talent.
...." she ranted on for a good five minutes before finishing off with proud big smile. "Good day Finny boy." she continued her journey down the hall in satisfaction.

"Hey Santana," Finn's voice stopped her. "Why don't you just come out of the closet? You know, I think I know why your so good at tearing everybody else down. It's because your constantly tearing yourself down, because you cant admit to everybody that you're in love with Brittany and she might not love you back. That must hurt, not to be able to everyone how you really feel. You know what I think you are?"

"A coward."

Santana eyes shot opened. Her breathing was rapid. She was meet with bright lights and utter confusion. She shielded her eyes from the lights and let out a grunt. After a few moments of fully regaining eye sight she looked around a found herself the hospital. The low beeping machine next to her bed confirmed it.

The thing that surprised her the most was the person sitting on the left side of her bed slightly dozing off. The person was curled in the chair that looked awe fully uncomfortable and but awe fully to adorable. A small smile formed on her face. However the silence was broken.

"You're awake." a voice boomed from the door.

She looked up to see Emily leaning against the door with her arms crossed.

"Em, look i'm so-" Santana tried to say but was abruptly cut of.

"Stop." Emily held her hand. "I'm so mad at you right now. I can't believe you are this selfish."

"You're calling me selfish?! for what? for not giving a damn about anything? You think I went out tonight and planed on dying? Do you really think that?!" Santana challenged.

"At this point yeah!" Emily felt her chest fill with rage. "You go out to get drunk and high, you skip school to get it on with Noel Khan, you blow off your mom and you resent talking to anyone about your problems. I know you have feelings, I can see them stewing in your eyes. You think you have the best walls built to avoid it, but guess what? Your armor is slowing cracking. I can see it, hell even the girls can see it. Since you been here you have yet really reveal what happened the day you were beaten by you're dad. You think if you have a constant distraction it will somehow magically disappear. Truth be told it points to you being a coward."  Emily voiced in anger and frustration.

Santana felt her eye grow watery at each word her cousin threw at her. Maybe Finn was right she is a coward. She avoids her problems by the drinking. It numbs the pain and emotions she feels.