Chapter 13

A long one awaits

For the next few days Puck and Santana were inseparable. Where ever one went the other followed. It was like neither wanted to leave each other. Perhaps they were afraid one might leave or disappear. In the time Puck updated Santana on everything she missed in Ohio since abrupt exit. The more he talk the more it made her miss it more. Well not the town, but the gleeks.

Truth be told she missed Rachel's little drama tantrums. Kurt's sassiness and his boyfriend Blaine's bow ties. Mercedes famous saying of 'Hell to the no'. Artie's rapping and Mike's dancing. Tina's fits of not being noticed. Finn... well she didn't miss him at the moment because truth be told he's the one who caused this mess. The person she missed most of all was Britt. She was her best friend. Her girlfriend - CORRECTION ex.

Being in glee it made her feel like she belonged somewhere. It was somewhere you could be different and wouldn't be judged. She knew if she wasn't kicked out the closet, literally. She would have been able to share her secret with them with out being judged.

Fuck you man boobs.

Now currently she was seated back in 'the brew' on a Saturday night with Puck and the gang plus their boyfriends and girlfriend. The reason was for Puck. On Friday Javi (officer Ramirez) broke news they would have to return back to Ohio on Sunday. Although she knew Puck and him couldn't stay forever it still hurt to hear him say they have to leave so soon.

She forced everyone to come to spend one last good night with him before he had to leave in the morning. Nobody complained seeing it as a nice time to all relax together.

Puck was rambling on about gods knows what when Ezra interrupted him.

"Hey i've been wanting to start a new thing here." he started off saying. "An open mic night."

"An open mic night?" Aria looked at her boyfriend curiously.

He nodded. "Yeah I wanted to try it a few nights a week to see how it turns out." he pointed of to the far left of the brew. "You see I have the stage and everything set up but no singer."

"How long has that been there?" Hanna asked confused. All week they have been here and never noticed it.

"Since Tuesday." he answered.

"Oh" was Hanna's response.

Puck smirk deviously. He had the perfect idea.

Santana caught his smirk out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes widened  seeing the evil glint.

"Don-" he cut her off before she could say anything else.

"Santana was in glee club back in Ohio. She's a fantastic  singing. If you  want to make a good impression on this new thing than have San start it off." Puck shared.

"I agree." Quinn's quite voiced piped from the corner of the catch. 

All eyes turned to her in curiosity. "You've heard her sing before?" Hanna asked.

"Y-no I haven't. Em told me she did." Quinn lied.

Emily frowned. "No I didn't."

"Oh? I'm pretty sure you did tell me a while ago."

Santana scoffed at Quinn's lie. "Screw this I will." she jumped out of her seat and made her way over to the stage.

Taking a deep breath she turned to face the crowd. Flashes of last years nationals came to her mind. It didn't hit her till then of how much she missed performing.

Cueing the music to start playing she started to sing.

You wanna play, you wanna stay, you wanna have it all
You started messing with my head until I hit a wall
Maybe I shoulda known, maybe I shoulda known
That you would walk, you would walk out the door