Alpha and Omega

The first thing Kristen did when she walked out the studio was hop in her car and hit the freeway. She pulled out her cellphone and types a very familiar number.

"Hey Booty, you still up?"

"Barely. Why are you calling so late? I thought you had some studio thing to do."

"Ah so I see you have my schedule memorized and shit."

"Dont flatter yourself."

"But you still aren't denying it." Kristian smiled into the phone. "You still at your place down here?"

"Yeah, I leave tomorrow." 

"Good. Im on my way."

"You're on your way where? Not here! My husband is in the other room."

"So, just make sure your quiet when I hit your spot up."

"Are you serious right now because I can't tell?"

"Yeah im serious. I want to see you before you leave booty."

"What about Jen?"

"What about her?"

Janet wanted to press the issue. She could tell there as trouble in paradise but a part of her was excited by the idea of Kristian preferring to spend time with her instead of Jennifer.

Kristian pulled up about a block away from Janet's house and walked the rest of the way. She smiled seeing Janet waiting outside for her in a silk robe. Kristian was sure some of Janet's neighbors were watching her in envy.

When Janet saw Kristian turn the corner she smiled and kissed Kristian innocently on the cheek while Kristian hugged her. Kristian took a deep breath of Janet's scent and groaned.

"You always smell so good; like gardenia."

Janet smiled at the compliment. "I just got out of the shower." Janet whispered as she opened the front door quietly. She grabbed the other girls hand and pulled her to the door stairs basement that had been converted into a second master bedroom.

Kristian looked around as they walked, looking for any sign of Rene. She saw none.

"Where is La Cucaracha?"

"Upstairs knocked out. Why are you always so racist towards him? You do know Jennifer is also Hispanic."

"I'm actually a little Venezuelan. It's not about race. I call him names because he is sleeping with my girl." Kristian said sitting on the four poster bed.

Janet raised her eyebrows. "Your girl?" Kristian smirked and nodded. "Technically you are sleeping with his girl...in his house."

Kristian patted the spot next to her signaling for Janet to lay down with her.

"This is your house. He doesn't pay no bills around here. He doesn't cook or clean. This is your house because you are an I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T woman.  A sexy woman."

"I am pretty great arent I." Janet dusted her shoulders off causing Kristian to laugh.

"Oh who is cocky now."

"I cant help it. You make me so full of myself with all your perfect talk."

"I think you are perfect."

"Im glad someone does." Janet said not realizing that she had damaged the mood.

There is was again Kristian thought, hints of mental abuse from Rene. In the months that Kristian had been with Janet she noticed a pattern. Janet had a hard time accepting compliments but took negative comments like a champ. She was obviously used to it and Kristian knew it was coming from Rene. She had seen it before, hell her mom had been the victim of it. Men with nothing making women feel like they aren't worth anything so they never leave them.