Chapter 10

-Chapter 10

Jason stared at me as I took a bite of the eggs he made. I looked away from him as I starting eating and he cleared his throat. I looked over at him and he pointed to the glass next to my left hand. I took another bite of my food and he looked away.

“I don’t know why you are acting this way with me,” he said. “Did I do something wrong? Did I upset you with how I was acting last night? I think I was being pretty reasonable for what you were doing. I’m sure you were having a fun time with Ryouta and his sister. What did you guys do?”

I placed my fork down and picked up the glass next to my hand and took a sip of it. Water is a delicious taste to me. I know some people think water doesn’t have a taste but that’s not true. It has a different taste depending on where it is at. I heard that in a certain place in Florida it tastes like rotten eggs.

I placed the cup down and looked at Jason. “We just did some acting and ate dinner together. I made cheese noodles and they really liked it. I just think you are being a bit harsh about who I get to hang out with. I don’t see a problem with Miu and Ryouta. Sure, Ryouta is a bit off in character but he isn’t that bad. Miu is a sweet girl with a wonderful way of showing her respect and love for the world.”

Jason snorted. “Yeah, I am sure that Miu does.”

“Why are you always mean when I mention her?” I asked looking at him curious. He looked at me, his mouth drawing into a thin line, and he shook his head. “Fine, you don’t have to tell me why you are. I guess you just hate people who seem too sweet.”

“It’s not that,” he suddenly said and he stood up. “I hope you’re enjoying your meal. I am going out today since I have a meeting with some people who want to show me some songs. I will be back later on. I may be home by five but I could be earlier than that. If you wish to hang out with your new buddies, feel free to. I’m just going to tell you now that you shouldn’t judge by how someone acts towards you. Stay safe and don’t be alone with either one of them anymore.”

Jason grabbed his coat and he looked at me. I looked away and he sighed a bit. He muttered out something and he walked out the front door. I wonder what his problem is.

I picked up my plate and placed it on the counter. I grabbed the rest of the dishes and place them in the sink. What am I going to be doing today? Jason is gone and I have no idea what Ryouta and his sister are doing. I can always hang out with my sister or Jake.

My phone suddenly went off and I picked up my phone. I clicked the okay button and it unlocked my screen. I clicked it again and it showed a new message in my inbox.

Hey, what are you doing today? I want to see you ~Ryouta

“How did he get my number?” I chewed on my inner lip and I answered him back.

I have nothing to do. Jason is upset with me. I want to see you too. At least you can provide me with some entertainment.

Suddenly a knock came from my door and I walked over to it. I looked out of the peek hole and dark eyes looked into it. I jumped back and I took a deep breath. It’s okay; it’s probably just some creeper with dark eyes and dark hair. Oh, wait! It’s just Ryouta.

I opened the door and Ryouta stared at me with a gentle expression. “Hey, I am glad you texted me back. I just assumed you weren’t doing something and came here. Besides, Miu is out and about looking for something. She is always running errands when she isn’t busy.” He held out a box. “Here, I got you a little something. I got it from a store and it is Lip Smackers.”