Seijou

The time has come. Time for the practice match that was postponed till Friday. We had just gotten off of the bus. Everyone was worrying about Hinata. He was so nervous. He even threw up on Tanaka-san. Everyone but Tsukki. He seemed to be more worried about me. 

"Yamaguchi. Are you sure you can be here today," Daichi asked.

"Yes, it's fine. I just can't play," I smile waving a hand at him.

"Don't get hit with a ball," Tsukki added in before turning to get our bags from the bus.

"He is right. Try to avoid any injuries," Daichi-san smiled once more before heading off to deal with the  rowdy boys. Tanak, Tsukki, Kageyama, and I heard some voices around the corner. So we went to go see who it was. 

"Oh yeah, and there's a riffraff kind of guy there, too," we listen closely. It was probably Tanaka though. He tries to act tough a lot. "He's got a shaved head, and an unpleasant look in his eyes. He looks real stupid," the voice continued.

Tanaka stuck his head around the corner with a weird look on his face. Tsukki stopped glaring at them, I close behind Tsukki. Kageyama followed with his hair covering his eyes. Tanaka stepped forward.

"Don't underestimate us," he began all of us glaring at them as some crows took off behind us. "or we'll eat you alive." Even I can admit I was pretty creepy out by him. The two players from Seijou jumped back in fear. Tsukki smirked. Sending chills down my spine.

"You shouldn't threaten them like that, Tanaka-san," he waved a hand at Tanaka. He looked up with a weird look in his eyes. "Look what you did. You scared the poor elites." he snickered a little bit. "Now I feel sorry for them," his smirk never leaving his face. 

"W-We're not intimidated," the taller one with spiky black hair argued. Tanaka smiled at Tsukki.

"Oh, you're right. We should save our bullying for the match," Tanaka smiled with a weird look in his eyes.

"You guys," Daichi-san popped out of nowhere yelling at us. Tsukki's smirk left just like he did. Trying not to get in trouble. "I can't let you out of my sight," Daichi-san shouts, making Tanaka freeze instantly. "We apologize," he grabbed Tanaka by the head, forcing him to bow. Sugawara showed up seconds later.

Kageyama was still just standing there. Glaring at the two boys in front of us. "Oh, its alright," the boy with shorter, lighter brown hair responded. Tanaka tried to look up giving them the same weird look.

"Tanaka, stop that look," Daichi-san continued to yell. Sugawara and Daichi took Tanaka away while I went to go find Tsukki. Leaving Kageyama alone with them for only a split second. 

"It's been a while, King," the taller guy blurted out, forcing all of us to stop and look at Kageyama. "What sort of dictatorship do you belong to these days? I'm looking forward to seeing the match," he continued arrogance dripping his voice. Kageyama just stood there, is back facing them. Tanaka went to fight him, but Daichi stopped him. 

"Yeah," was all Kageyama said finally looking up and walking away. Leaving the two opponents in shock.

The gym was amazingly huge, along with the amount of players in it. Tsukki didn't look to happy to be there. He looked rather bored. I thought back to when we were at my house last night. How emotional he was. Now...nothing. As if he was trying his hardest to not let people see that he cared about things. Does he even care about volleyball? I shook my head. He must, if he is here. 

Hinata interrupted my thoughts when he pushed past me to get to the bathroom. I winced a little, when he hit my shoulder. The emotionless eyes Tsukki had were gone in an instant. Washed over with concern and care. So I guess we are best friends if he cares that much about me.

"Where did Hinata go," Tanaka shouted in shock. I pointed the way he went.

"He went to the bathroom," I explained. 

"AGAIN," Tanaka exclaimed. We all started to get changed into the practice jerseys given to us along with warming up. Everyone but me was warming up. I helped toss balls to the other players. It was really sad seeing everyone ready for our first match. Even if it was a practice match. But I...I was sitting out. I was the only first year not able to play.

"Yama," Tsukki shouted, forcing my to toss the ball in fear. I guess that's what he wanted. He jumped and spiked it down effortlessly. When the game started. We started off horribly. Hinata was so nervous and messing up everywhere. Until he hit Kageyama in the back of the head with his serve. Everyone watched in disbelief. Tsukki and Tanaka started to burst into fits of laughter. Tsukki's laugh was quiet, but loud enough you can hear. It was so cute. Wait what am I thinking??

"Nice head-shot, man," Tsukki shouted out as Tanaka started to tease Kageyama and Hinata even more. His laugh getting louder as he held his sides. I smiled. He looked so happy. For the wrong reason but still. Tsukki and Tanaka took time to recover while Kageyama yelled at Hinata. But After that Hinata seemed to be his normal self again.

At the start of the second match the turnip looking guy asked Hinata a question, "hey, teach me later how to serve to the back of the head," he snickered. Hinata cringed remembering his mistake.

"Teach me later, too," Tsukki chimed in.

"Tsukki," I quietly ordered. His head snapped around looking at me. He put his head down and went to his spot. Did he really hear me?? There was no way. I said it so quietly.

Once Hinata got into his groove a new player arrived. Seijou's captain. His serves changed up the whole game. I wish I could serve as strong as that. As I was deep in my thoughts I didn't realized the ball hurtling at me. 

"Tadashi," a voice shouted before a giant figure stepped in front of me. I looked up to see Tsukki standing there, arms out, in a tall stance. In and instance he gripped his stomach as the ball fell to the ground. My stomach did flip flops knowing my name left his lips again.

Say it again. Please.

"Tsukki, are you okay," I rush to his side, gripping his arm.

"I'm fine as long as you are fine," he walked back onto the court. I blushed letting his words consume my thoughts. Sugawara pulled me back to where I was standing before. I watched the game closely. My eyes never leaving Tsukki.

His body moved swiftly and quickly. Yet he seemed distracted. As soon as we had gained a lead it was gone. And we lost. It was a good fight and we had gained a lot of people watching as closely as we did. What seemed to be like no time at all we were back on the bus. Everyone was exasperatedly tired. Even those who didn't play.

"Tsukki," I looked up at him as he looked out the window. He turned his head very little giving me a side glace. "Thank you for earlier," I mumbled looking down. Not being able to keep eye contact with his golden orbs.

"It's no big deal," he looked back out the window. I opened my mouth to speak but decided against it. Not wanting to aggravate the blonde. I shook my head.

"It is to me. I've never really had anyone protect me before. Not that I can remember anyways. So it means a lot to me," I managed to get out all in one breathe.

"I've been by your side for five years. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but I have been protecting you. Making sure nobody ever touches you," he glared down at me as if I had insulted him. I blushed looking away. We have been friends for 5 years? "And I will always be here when you need me," he added before turning his attention back out the window.

I sighed. Closing my eyes a little trying to rest. I couldn't.

Tadashi. Tadashi.

Say it again. Give me the satisfaction of being yours.

My eyes shot open at that last thought. I looked up at him. His glasses now off and eyes closed. He looked so peaceful and happy. A small smile twitched on his lips. They were a light pink with a few marks that came from biting on them. His short blonde hair went every which way. His cheeks were lightly flushed.

I studied his features a bit longer. Admiring everything about his face. I wanted to place little kisses all over it. With that thought the bus stopped forcing everyone awake. I sat back in my seat blushing, before Tsukki could tell I was staring at him.