Strawberries

We stepped into his room, it smelt like strawberries. They always reminded me of Yamaguchi. Sweet and scattered with freckles. He groaned as he jumped into his bed. Gripping both pillows close to himself. He lifted his head up staring at the one closets to the wall. My pillow. He put his face back into it and inhaled deeply. A sigh of relief exited his mouth, barley loud enough for me to here.

"Ummm...Are you hungry," I rubbed the back of my neck, studying the familiar room. I'd been in there thousands of times. But I felt so out of place in it at that moment. "I didn't see you eat at all while you were there."

"Uh yeah, I can make something really quick," he stood still holding onto my pillow. 

"No, you need to rest, plus you can't even cook Yama," I held a hang out as I dropped my bag by the door and left him standing there alone, my pillow still in his arms.

When I got down stairs I made his favorite. Donburi. He said I always cooked the rice perfectly and the chicken was always juicy. I made sure to put extra egg, like he always asks for. I paired it with some orange juice and put our plates on a tray to bring back to his room. I kicked the door open to see him staring out the window. My pillow still in his arms. He had it up to his face still sniffing it. 

"Are you looking at the moon," I ask as I place our steaming food on the floor by his bed. He didn't respond. I sighed and got right behind him. The moon was enlarged, bright and white. "Tadashi, let's eat," I blush realizing I said his first name. He turned to me blushing. His face turned a much deeper red at the realization of how close we were. I blushed a little as I turned back to the food.

"Right, sorry Tsukki," I froze as he sat down in front of the food. Setting the pillow next to him.

"What did you call me," I raised a brow. He started to blush again.

"I...I...Sorry, Tsukki....seemed shorter than..." he trailed off playing with is fingers. I shook my head as I sat in front of him, grabbing my bowl.

"It's okay. You usually call me Tsukki. I just thought you had remembered me," I tried to be strong, my voice betraying me completely. He nodded slowly as if he remembered, but I know he didn't. As we ate in silence I checked my phone for any texts. There was one.

FR: Suga
Try not to force any memories back. And ice your head like the doctor said!!

I clicked my tongue and set my phone down. Yamaguchi flinched at my clicking my tongue. My eyes shot up in concern.

"Sorry, I remembered that sound for a moment. I don't know if its comforting or terrifying," he looked down with his brows furrowed together in thought. He was concentrating really hard. I finished my bowl and drink quickly before studying his face more. His cuts on his lip and eye brow had a healed a bit more. His bruises were still a vibrant blue, purple, with hits of a yellowish green. 

"Don't forget to shower tonight as well. Your hair looks dirty," I stand walking to his closet. I opened it up picking out a pair of clothes that were mine. "I'm going to take a shower really quick while you finish your food."

"Wait, why did you grab clothes from MY closet," he tilted his head in confusion. 

"I keep some clothes here for when I spend the night, which is often," I shrug as I open up the dresser and grab boxers. "You have clothes at my house too," I give him a half smile before closing the door behind me. I rush into the bathroom.

My clothes are stripped off and the shower is shooting steaming hot water within moments. Once the hot droplets hit my body I lets out silent cries. My body started to shake violently as my crying got louder and louder. Then a knock on the door forced me to freeze.