Bullies

The next few days things went a little back to normal. I made sure I wasn't late back to class after those bullies found me at lunch again. I tried to act a little more normal to throw Tsukki off about it. We went to volleyball practice and everyone seemed so nice. We heard about how there were two first-years who made trouble so we have to play them for a 3-on-3 match.

"How was practice," my mom smiled brightly, dinner already made and on the table. I told her all about it. How great the captain, Daichi-san was, and Sugawara-san being able to toss to anyone. Everyone was so nice. I then got to the part about the two first years. And about some of the other players on the team, Tanaka-san, Ennoshita-san, Narita-san, and Kinoshita-san, all second years. 

I guess I wasn't my normal self the last day of school that week. The bullies had beat the shit out of me that day. I didn't come back to class after lunch for a long time. I had to go to the nurse's office to get my lip and eyebrow fixed up. 

They were small scratches but they were still bleeding. My cheek was bruised and my arms and chest were too. When I came into class with a note from the nurse my teacher let me go to my seat.

My head was down the rest of class but I could feel eyes on me. I slowly looked over my shoulder and there they were. Piercing brown eyes scanning every inch of my body. If looks could kill, that would be the look. A shiver went down my spine as I jolted my head back around. I collected my belongings and rushed out of the classroom before Tsukki could catch up to me. I went straight to the locker room to change for practice, before anyone else got there.

"Yamaguchi," his stern voice made me freeze instantly. My shirt in my hands. "Why didn't you tell me," his voice closer than before.

"Sorry, Tsukki," I sighed not turning to face him. He wasn't even touching me but I could feel the heat radiating from him body.

"Let me see it," he ordered. I slowly turned around. My head hanging low I didn't dare look up at him. He slightly grabbed my chin and pulled me up. I flinched as the bruise on my neck stretched out. His eyes scanned my face. "Who," was the only words that left his mouth. I shook my head away. 

"I want to fight my own battles," I looked away, trying to find something, anything to distract me.

"You got hurt, you came into class bleeding," his voice got louder. "TELL ME WHO DID THIS," his fist slammed against the locker next to mine, forcing me to flinch. His eyes softened for a moment. I've never seen Tsukki this mad before. I thought he was mad the other day, this is totally different. Why is he so mad? Its not like I'm one of his girlfriends.

"Remember those kids that first time we ever met," I asked looking back up at him. He took a moment before nodding. "They go here, and pick on me during lunch," I fiddle with my fingers. He took a deep sigh. 

"We are eating lunch together from now on," he says without hesitation and opens his locker, which was right next to mine. "Nobody is allowed to touch you anymore," he gave me his signature side glance. My entire body went hot. He looked away and started to change for practice. I just stood there staring into my locker for a moment longer before I quickly changed into my shorts and shirt. 

'Nobody is allowed to touch you anymore' those words ran through my head all practice. For some reason it made me so happy. Afterwords we walked home together like always. 

"Want to spend the night, so then we can walk together tomorrow for the 3-on-3," he asked as soon as we got to my house. I nodded happily.

"How about we eat here though, my mom always has dinner ready for me when I get home," I smile brightly. He nodded and got out his phone. After talking with his mom we were ready to go in.

I haven't been at Tsukki's house in so long. I smiled at the sweet smell of the house. The kitchen door opened as soon as we removed our shoes. The aroma of food filled my nose. A small smile twitched on my lips. His mom's familiar face poked out from behind the door.

"I knew I heard you too, you can leave your lunch boxes in here, for tomorrow," she went back to baking in the kitchen. I happily walked in, like I have so many times in the past.

"Thank you, and how are you," I say in excitement.

"OH YAMAGUCHI WHAT HAPPENED, Tsukki you're supposed to protect him," she put a hand on her hip and glared at him holding a spoon at him with the other hand. I giggle lightly.

"I didn't tell him until I had to go to the nurse today," I looked away shyly. She then held the spoon to me threateningly. I rubbed the back of my head as heat rose to my cheeks. 

"Come one," Tsukki grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his room. It was different from last time. Last time there were stuffed dinosaurs, dinosaur posters, and toys everywhere. There were still a few toys on his bookshelves but not as crazy as before. I giggled and picked up one.

"So cute," I glanced up at him he was blushing so much. Was he embarrassed?

"Shut up Yamaguchi," he sat on his bed pulling out his phone.

"Sorry Tsukki," I responded as usual. I sat next to him and got out my phone. I had gotten a text from Sugawara-san.

FR: SugaMamma
Make sure you put ice on your bruises, and get plenty of rest.

TO: SugaMamma
Yes, mom ;)

FR: DaichiDaddy
Listen to Suga

To: DiachiDaddy
Yes, dad ;)

"They are right, you know where the bathroom is, you can shower first," he didn't look up from his phone. What he reading my texts? He didn't even look over at my phone.

"Okay, Tsukki," I opened up my bag to grab my clothes. "Oh, uh, Tsukki can I barrow something to sleep in, I forgot my usual pjs," I sigh.

"Yeah," he went to his closet and grabbed one of his old dinosaur shirts he still had. It was so cute. A huge grin appeared on my face. And off I went.