4

[ Nicole ]

Just as I finish applying my favorite red lipstick, my phone rings. Puckering my lips, I burst into giggles before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Nicole, I'm so sorry." Harry sighs.

My smile fades as I shake my head. "What's wrong?"

"Elli's friend is having a birthday party and refuses to do anything but go." He explains, clearly frustrated.

"That's okay, go ahead and take her."

"No, no- I mean, I am. I wanted to see if you'd like to come with us?" Harry suggests.

"Uh," I look into the mirror at my outfit before turning away. "Sure."

"Great!" Harry laughs into the speaker and tells me he'd be at my place in a few minutes.

Once we hang up, I quickly change into a t-shirt and my favorite skinny jeans. I don't think a cleavage showing top was a great idea to wear at a child's birthday party. As I'm debating to take off my makeup, a knock comes from my front door.

"Hi, Harry." I smile up at him.

Harry has on a plain white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and tan-ish brown boots. His lips are pulled into a big grin as he stares down at me.

"Should I take off my makeup since it's a kids birthday party?" I question, suddenly feeling extremely shy and looking away from him.

"In general, I don't think you need makeup. You're absolutely beautiful without it, but if you like it, wear it. Those parents shouldn't care what you wear in the first place." He explains with a smile firmly planted on his lips.

I nod, also smiling. "I'll just wear it then. Let me get some shoes and my purse then I'll be ready." I say and wave him inside.

I hurry back into my room and stare at all the shoes I have. It was between my favorite sandals and just black converse when I hear the front door open.

"Nicole! I need- oh, hello." Jen yells.

Not the time, Jennifer. I think to myself before slipping on the sandals and running out to the living room.

"Nicole!" Jen smiles at me.

"What's up?" I ask her, glaring.

Jennifer gives me an apologetic shrug before asking if I've seen her wallet. When I tell her no, she nods and walks out to leave before glancing at me to raise her eyebrows and wink.

"Sorry about that, I'm ready whenever you are." I smile at Harry.

"Not a problem, my friend Louis does that all the time to me." He chuckles before walking in front of me.

When I've locked my apartment door, we head down the stairs and to the parking lot. Harry chats about Elli and warns me that she's very excited for this party.

He opens the passenger for me and when I slide in, I'm greeted with a squeal. The door closes and once I'm buckled I turn around to look at Elli.

She has a bright pink tutu over her pink Capri pants and a white t-shirt with a pink unicorn. Her thick brown curls are pushed back with a headband and her cheeks are sprinkled with freckles.

"Hi Elli! Do you remember me?" I question as Harry climbs in beside me and starts up the car.

She thinks for a moment before nodding. "You the princess!"

Harry chuckles beside me. "That's Nicole, we talked about her earlier."

"I know, daddy." Elli laughs loudly in the backseat and I face the front again.

The next few minutes are filled with lots of laughing and getting to know Elli. I knew when we got to the place where the party was held she'd be gone so I asked her them now rather than later.

We soon arrived to a pretty big house with all sorts of birthday decorations in the front of it. We climb out of the car and Elli holds Harry's left hand while Harry grabbed mine with his other. Elli immediately lets go of his hand and runs inside the house when I've opened the front door.

"Be careful, Elli!" Harry shouts.

I laugh and we walk through the house into the backyard. Harry's hand was now resting on the small of my back as we approached the parents table.

A woman in her forties walked up to Harry and gives him a big kiss on the cheek. She has red hair that reminded me of The Little Mermaid and grey eyes.

"Hi, Ashley." Harry says, wrapping his arm around me completely and pulling me to his side.

My cheeks flush as I smell Old Spice and realize it was him. He smells so good, like gushers and tropical fruit.

"Oh, who's that?" Ashley asks in a polite tone that says I hate you already.

"This is Nicole, my date." Harry answers before a man walks up to us.

"Harry! Have some ice cream cake, it's a party." He chuckles, running a hand through his blonde hair.

My head perks up when I realized he said ice cream cake, which catches the attention of all three of them.

"Alright, see you later." Harry says and leads me over to the food table.

"You want some?" Harry questions with a smile.

I smile while saying, "I do. Do you know what flavor it is?"

"I think it's chocolate," he makes an unsure face by raising his eyebrows and giving me an exaggerated frown.

He basically scoops me a slice of vanilla cake mixed with chocolate ice cream. Most of the cake was gone, only leaving the word day and the letters ck.

We sat down at a table filled with empty plates and water or juice filled cups. I could feel the other parents eyes staring at me but I focused on my cake and Harry sitting beside me.

We barely see Elli, only when she wanted a bite of either of our cake slices and then a sip of Harry's water. Harry and I discussed different things, such as favorite foods, colors, movies, etc.

It had been only an hour or so, but Elli was looking extremely tired looking so Harry and I threw away our trash, said goodbye, and left.

"Thanks for inviting me," I say as we approach my apartment door.

"No problem, I hope those parents didn't intimidate you much." Harry smiles at me.

I shake my head, "not badly."

"We should have a proper date soon." Harry explains, holding my hand again.

I nod in agreement. "I'd like that, but it doesn't have to be just us. We can go to the children's museum with Elli or to the park, I like spending time with you both."

He smiles widely, dimples carved into his cheeks. "Alright, we should."

We say goodbye and he kisses my cheek before hurrying down the hall and me into my apartment.

He's left me breathless and in bliss once again. I think I'm beginning to fall for this man, and hard.

A/N:
Yay an update!!

School is starting next week so my updates may begin to be slower but I'm going to try my best to keep with it the whole year!!!

Don't forget to vote/comment!

Who's your favorite character? (:

I love you guys!

- Jen