Prologue

Previously...

"I really had fun tonight, Thomas." I smile to my boyfriend of five years exactly today.

He grins back at me, running his fingers through his blonde hair. "I'm glad, Nic."

I couldn't help myself from clinging onto his arm as we walked through my front door. I've been wanting to tell Thomas about being ready to marry him. I've never felt so content with anyone else, and I was ready to settle down with this man.

"I have something I want to tell you," we both say at the same time. I giggle while he awkwardly chuckles before telling me to go first.

I feel suddenly shy but still press on. "I've been thinking a lot lately-"

"I know, I could hear the wheels turning every night I've spent here recently." He laughs when I glare jokingly at him.

"As I was saying, I think I'm ready to get married." I finally blurt out and look at him.

He has an ashamed look on his face while he tells me, "don't say that."

"But, I am. I want to settle down with you, get married, have kids-"

"Nicole, I've been cheating on you." He yells, his face a dark shade of red.

"What?" I mutter, my voice betraying me by cracking.

He nods, looking devastated.

"With who?" I'm angry, I'm so angry at him.

"I shouldn't tell-"

"With who?" I yell.

"Joey." He says sheepishly.

I furrow my eyebrows at him. I have so many questions but I couldn't ask them now. I needed to be alone.

"Please, leave. I can't see you right now, Thomas." I demand.

"I love you so much, Nicole, please don't do this!" He pleads with me, his blue eyes tearing up.

"I love you too, but I need some time by myself before I can decide if we should continue this relationship."

He seems content with this answer, nodding and leaving my home.

Now...

"That motherfucker." Jennifer whispers harshly.

"Dadfucker, Jen." Katie whispers back.

"Guys, really?" Darcy groans at the two.

I give them a sympathetic smile, knowing they were trying to be silly and make me laugh.

"Too soon?" Katie mumbles, clearly ashamed by their amusement.

Is two months too soon?

"Too soon." Jen mutters back, sending me an apologetic smile.

"Honestly, I'm the youngest and I'm more mature than you guys." Darcy grumbles.

"This is why I moved here, I needed y'alls support." I finally smile.

"Y'all." Jennifer snickers, earning a well deserved glare from me.

"Don't make fun of my accent!" I groan.

"She's back!" Katie announces and we all turn into a fit of giggles.

We finish our brunch and head in different directions, me to the music store just down the road from my apartment.

Since I've moved, I've gotten shit faced drunk about thirty times in the first two weeks and ended up destroying all my CDs and vinyls that reminded me of Thomas; which, by the way, was all of them.

I walk into the store, a bell sounding off immediately as the door opens. I hear shuffling in the back and see the most handsome man ever.

"Welcome to Ralph's Music Store, do you need any assistance?" He says, tucking a strand of thick brown curls behind his ears.

"Hello," I say dumbly.

He chuckles, "hi, do you need help finding anything?"

Try my whole music library, I think. Yet when I go to say it, my mouth turns off. Suddenly I was incapable of making words.

The bell goes off and an older man enters the store.

"Thank God, Ralph! I have to go now." Curly announces, running into the back and grabbing his coat.

"Sorry, I was stuck in traffic-" The man, Ralph as curly called him, explains.

"I'll see you later!" He rushes right out the door and out of sight.

"Can I help you with anything?" Ralph asks me.

Too embarrassed to say anything, I just walk out and go home. Wondering about why curly had to leave so soon.

A/N:
Hi guys!!!!

So this is a remake of Nicole's (aka theprincehes 's) book series called Infinity. In this book, the roles are reversed with my own little twists and tricks up my sleeve. If you haven't already, I recommend reading Infinity first, because a lot of what I'm writing is basically Infinity. (But mainly because Nicole is a talented lil shit and won't admit it and she deserves 100million reads and yes.)

If you enjoyed this prologue, please vote and leave a comment on what you think!

I love you guys!

- Jen