Regrets & New Romances

It's been few days since the kiss between me and Ross and we haven't said a single word about it. We know it's happened, but we're not acknowledging it. 

Ross knows I'm hanging out with Ethan, and he doesn't want to ruin that. 

Speaking of Ethan, things with me and him are going great. I know he likes me and I'm pretty sure I like him. I just can't keep my mind off Ross. I feel like it's hurting him that I'm doing this, but as I've explained to him before, I can't keep waiting around for a time that a relationship is convienent for him. I deserve better than that, and so does he. 

"Sooooo, is Ethan taking you out tonight?" Rydel asks as we're all sitting around for breakfast. I blush- she couldn't have chosen a time where everyone wasn't in the room to ask this? 

"Yeah." I admit. I feel Ross tense up beside me, but I don't say anything. 

"Hey, do you maybe want to spend the day together?" Ross asks me suddenly. I'm taken aback by this, but I manage to keep it cool. 

"Sure. What's it all about?" I ask. He smiles.

"What? I can't spend a day with my best friend?" He laughs. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

After an awesome afternood with Ross (swimming, playing sports, all that jazz), we sat down on the beach. 

"So how do you feel about Ethan and I?" I ask. Ross just shrugs, not taking his eyes off the water. I can see his jaw tensing up and he's got his thinking face on. I feel bad for doing this - I really do. But sometimes I have to do things for myself. "Ross, I don't have to be with Ethan. Tell me right here, right now if you're willing to be with me and I'll drop the whole thing, I promise." I tell him. 

"Courtney," Ross sighs. I know that voice, so I turn back out to the water. "You know the situation. I really, really like you, but I can't do that to you. I can't start a relationship and not have time to do anything. I want you to be happy, Court, but I don't think you can be with me right now." He says. I nod, trying to push back tears. "I barely even have time to sleep." He adds.  

I chuckle softly. "Sleep when you're dead...." I whisper. He laughs and nudges me. "I just don't know if I could be happy with him the same way I would be happy with you." I tell him. That makes him smile.

"Hey, you never know until you try." He says. "I'm not saying that you and I will never happen. I hope one day that it will; but it just can't happen now. You know that and I know that but neither one of us wants to actually accept it." 

We both sit in silence before I check my phone and realize it's almost time for me and Ethan's date. I stand up and wipe the sand off my legs. Ross and I head back and it's only now that I realize how cold I am in just my bathing suit and zip up sweater. We head back up to the suite where I start getting ready. 

-

An hour later, the doorbell rings. Ross opens it since I'm in me and Rydel's room and I hear him and Ethan chatting. Then I hear them laughing. 

Well.

They seem to get along fine. 

I walk out and both of them turn around to look at me, mouths agape. I blush and look down, causing both of them to snap back to reality. 

Ethan is the first one to say something. "You.... you look stunning." He says softly.

I look down at my soft white sundress (something that I can pull off now that I have a nicer tan. Thank you Mexico and your hot sun) and flip flops. It's nothing special in my opinion, but I could be wrong, considering the stares from the guys.

Ok. You can stop now. 

Seriously, I'm uncomfortable.

*shifts awkwardly* ha ha heh huh, alright good. You're done. 

I follow Ethan out the door and down to the restaurant. We have a good time there; good food, good laughs, good company. Suddenly, Ethan reaches over and grabs my hand.

"Courtney, I... uh.... I'm just wondering....."

Spit it out boy.

"Ummmm...." he stutters.

Any day now pretty boy. 

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Welp. I wasn't expecting that.

----------------------------------------------------------

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SUCKS STOP HARRASSING ME! I just wanted to get an update up asap because it's been two weeks. 

Im a terrible person. 

I ATTEMPTED TO MAKE THIS STORY KIND OF MORE FUNNY BECAUSE I WAS READING THIS FANFICTION (called songs by shades it's really good go check it out please ok yeah) AND IT WAS REALLY FUNNY AND I REALIZED ALL MY FANFICS ARE REALLY SERIOUS SO THIS IS MY ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THAT IM SORRY IF IT SUCKS OK BYE

stay beautiful and all that jazz <3

-Courtney bobourtney banananafofourtney me my mo lourtney courtney 

(idek man im feeling weird this evening)

PS HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY ROCKY MARK LYNCH ILY YOU'RE 19 AND IM 16 NOW SO IT'S ONLY KIND OF ILLEGAL BUT DON'T WORRY IM WILLING TO WAIT