Chapter 23.

Kyoko's POV

Midway to Nara I received a call from outside the country, I looked at the number but I wasn't really sure from where it was coming from. It wasn't New York though. I quickly answered and said 'helo' but all I could hear was a man gasping and a girl crying in the background.

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked.

"Kyoko? Where's Han? Are you two okay?" I recognized Dom's voice.

"Dom?" I asked to make sure it was him.

"Yeah its me, us" he said.

"Is something the matter?" The sorrows were from Mia.

"Are you alright?!" Asked the apparent angry man at the other side of the phone.

"Um....no, not really" I admitted and took an exit then pulled over at a gas station.

"That son of a bitch!" Yelled Dom and for a few moments I could hear the sobbing from him even though I knew that he was trying to hide it. "I'm sorry...I'll call you later."

And with that he hung up, I hadn't told him everything but little voices in my head said 'he's dead,' 'dead,' 'HE'S DEAD.' Listening to it made me angry and made me burst out in tears once more, I lashed out and slammed my hands against the steering wheel a few times, after my small explosion I left the car and got my gas. I left it there and went to the small shop; I got some snacks and a Red Bull. I went back outside and lit a cigar, I placed the pump back in its respective place and made sure that the hatch was closed. I opened the door of the car but stared off at the road seeing cars coming and going even though it was early in the morning. I closed the door and went to sit on top of the small brick wall that separated the road from the gas station. I got out my drink and opened it, took my phone and put whatever just to calm my nerves. I licked my bottom lip and fixed my light seater to protect my torso from the breeze. I had the can on one hand, my phone on another and a ringing in my ears. I brought the can to my lips and took a small sip then I placed it beside me and played with my engagement ring.

The breeze moved my sweater which made my pocket hit against the aluminum can creating the clank of two metals. I took out Han's silver cross and looked at it, he always had it with him and if he ever left it behind he made me take it to him. It reminded him of his own family, of the people who would always take him in, no matter what. I placed it back inside my pocket after feeling the sentiment coming back to me. Minutes later I still stared at my phone then it begun to ring so I looked at the caller ID......it was Sean.

"Is something wrong?" I cleared my throat before speaking. I wet my lips and held my head up high while holding my phone against my ear I didn't want him to know that I was still in my feelings.

"I was worried so I had to call.." I frowned and my mouth quivered.

"Thank you " I sniffed a couple of times before making the attempt of pulling myself together.

"I know you're worried, you're scared and even sad. Your mind is getting ahead of itself, making you think that everything's gone and it would make sense; it was an ugly car crash" I had never thought that I would be speaking to this boy about something so serious. "But Miss you can't let your head beat you down right now; it's still too early to give up. The time that I spent with Han he never stopped trying that being a girls number, money, or arguing with a jeweler just so that he can get you the best of the best diamonds in the damn store."

"Hmph.....so you know about his dog days..." I giggled imagining every scenario that he had mentioned.

"Oh no he's always been a dog, even I know that" I took a small sip off of the Red Bull and laughed out loud.

"Han don't play around, he's a serious man and he's in love with you. I just wanted to let you know that he won't leave you, he would never think to leave you and his child in a world like this" as soon as he said 'his child' I remembered about Kyosuke. I clutched my head and turned around hopping from the brick wall and knocking over my can of Red Bull on the way.

"Hey.....Sean...." as soon as I landed on the pavement I saw a suspicious man standing right beside his car which was parked beside the pump behind the one that I was still parked at. He was wearing a nice I stared at him for a while and he did the same it was like an old cowboy shootout.

"Miss....!" I heard coming from the phone and I placed it near my ear once again.

"Sean I must go I need to uh.....make my way to Nara" I made sure to speak softly and walk slowly while keeping the mystery man in my sight.

"Is something wrong? You sound so tense all of a sudden" shit, I made him concerned.

"Nothings wrong! It's probably all in my head, you need to go to sleep; it's late. Remember what I told both of you and make sure to follow all of my directions" I got inside the car and got it running. I made my way back into the Tomei Expressway.

"Ma'am I promise you I will fix my mess! I will make it up to you and Han!" His statement was more than bold.

"No....Sean all you have to do now is lay low and stay there! The guys from the other yakuza clan are a 100% looking for you right now, do you really think they would forgive you for humiliating one of them?! You're crazy if you think that you'll even dare to show your face in Tokyo" i so did not approve with this crazy idea. Even if they were his best intentions I still didn't want to think about what would happen. He was a good kid, he still had a chance to get himself away from this kind of life.

"I don't really know what to say to that but we'll work something out I guess, goodbye and hope you get there safely" he hung up all of a sudden and I resumed to driving. The person who I had named "mystery man" stopped following me ages ago he had taken another exit which made me realize that it was me and my paranoia. I still had four more hellish hours to go. For a long while all I did was push the autopilot button and laid back but without taking my eyes away from the road. I could feel an overwhelming loneliness inside that car, no music, no scenery, no nothing could take my mind away from it.

Four hours later I parked outside the extensive traditional Japanese estate, got my stuff and walked inside. All of the men outside guarding confused me for some stranger and pointed a gun at me. I wearily pushed the barrel of the gun away and took my shoes off to walk inside. Everyone bowed once more, some ladies took my things and I made my way to a huge yellow toned room where my father looked out the sliding doors. He just.....watched, said nothing, didn't even turn around. Behind him was my son playing with some toy cars and trucks.

Hiroki went down on one knee placing his forehead against the handle of his katana. I walked towards him and said "thank you."

"It's my job" he muttered back and I caressed the mans face. We owed a great debt to him. I turned back around and looked at my son, I walked towards him and picked him up. I placed him on my shoulder and he wept, the crying could be heard all over. One of the maids came to take him but I didn't let her. We went inside a room that was booming with maids and we found a bed already made. I first laid Kyosuke down and I took off my sweater.

"Go to sleep darling, it'll all be okay" I whispered brushing away tears and I laid beside him, the child cuddled against my chest and I held him. I wanted him to feel secure.

"I love you" I said once more before I also just closed my eyes and hoped that tomorrow was gonna be a better day.