Chapter Five

I get dressed and walk silently to my class.  Andy knows how to make someone smile even when they've had a rough day. I remember in high school when he used to let me sit around him and his friends. All of his friends were athletes, and when one of them tried to talk to me, he'd always turn them away. Now that I think about it, I think he might've liked me back then.

He didn't seem to show it though. He'd ditch me all the time for girls. It's not like I could feel offended, he was never mine. Then when I'd ask him how he and his last date we're going, he'd get in his feelings. To this day, I still don't understand what all of that was for.

As I walk I see someone looking at me. I turn to look at them but they look the other way. This happens for about 5 minutes until I give up. I start to speed up my walk and so do they. I'm being stalked? When I get on campus I enter my building and realize they're gone. I huff out an exasperated breath.

I walk into my first class and take a seat in the top row. I pull out my laptop and prepare for class to begin when I notice Kyle in my peripheral. He's talking to some blond chick who's constantly touching his arm. Our eyes meet for a split second until he turns his attention back to the girl. The professor comes in and he sits at the bottom next to the blonde girl. I'm glad he's talking to people instead of acting like someone stole his soul.

After class I walk to dinning hall and buy a chicken wrap to go. Yesterday was crazy and I know that Kyle must be mad at me. I would be mad at me if it were me. I don't know what he's thinking in his mind right now. I'm pretty sure whatever he had against black people had gotten worse.

I look around and find him sitting at a table with a slew of white kids. Not just 5 or 6, at least 20 of them. I started to walk up to the table and they all looked confused. The ash blonde haired girl was sitting on Kyle's lap, smoothening his hair. All the girls sized me up, like they could actually fight me, and all the guys just stared at my butt like it was supposed to magically get smaller as I got closer.

"Kyle can we talk in private?" I asked him not trying to draw attention. But the little pack rat had to open her crusty lips first.

"Sorry, we don't speak ape over here." She giggled. Everyone at the table laughed. How in the world can they hear that at the end of the table? Justice they're not worth it, nope they're not. Don't waste your time for them. They can't handle your fury. Uh oh, too late.

"First of all, why are the bionic bunnies all in my conversation ? Second, I'm not even gonna waste my time on telling you that your hair looks like a star-nosed mole" I watched as she reached to her hair but quickly put her hand back down. " and you look ken to a Proboscis Monkey." I watched as people took out their phones, looking up these animals then laughing.

" I watched as people took out their phones, looking up these animals then laughing

"Kyle, can we please talk in private." I asked not even caring who was looking. I swear if that girl would've said something else I would've pounced on her ugly face.