Chapter 8- Reflecting on the past

Lautner's POV

Maybe I was wrong to have gone over to Taylor's house last night. Maybe it was a mistake I didn't realize until now. Taylor is with Harry, and even the amount of times he hurts Taylor, she is still with him. I guess I don't respect that as much as I should. I am more worried about her being with me. A few years ago, after hearing Back to December for the first time, I told Taylor that it was too late for her to apologize. But, I never took the time to think of how perfect our lives were when we were together. I never thought about how much I missed her. Until that day I saw her in the gym. It was in that moment that realization came to me. My life was better with her, and I missed her being with me. Now, I am messing things up for her. She can be perfectly happy with Harry. I am being selfish, and it feels like I am complicating her life. I should just let her be happy. Because as long as she's happy, so am I.

I got dressed and went to call Taylor, but I stopped myself. I thought of how bad it would be if I called her while she was talking to Harry. I would just text her and let her call me. I just need to apologize for everything my selfishness has caused her. I went for a run on the beach, and then just sat by the waves, watching them.

"They're beautiful, aren't they mate?" A thick, friendly British accent said to me. I looked behind me to see Ed. "Hey Ed!" I said, motioning for him to sit down. "What brings you here?" He asked me. "I just came here to think." I said, looking out at the waves. The sun was slowly beginning to set. "What's on your mind?" He asked me. "It's Taylor." I paused. "I just feel horrible, you know?" I said, sighing. "What's there to feel horrible about?" He asked, looking at me. I looked back at him. "I'm being selfish." I said. I told him of everything that happened. "Listen, mate" he started. "Things in life aren't always easy. Some things might even make you feel awful. But, you can't think of them at every moment and think what else you could have done. You have to play things by day and live in the present, and everything will turn out alright." He said. I smiled over at him and gave him a man hug. "Thank you Ed. You really know what to say to help a friend out." I paused again. "But, I just want to apologize to her without getting in the way of everything." I said. "Just give her a call. Ask her to come over to your place, or maybe just to come here to this beach, and then let her know what you told me." He said. "Thank you. I think I will." I gave him another man hug and took out my phone. He walked away after waving bye, and I called Taylor. "Hello?" She answered. "Hey, swiftie" I said, smiling a little. "Hey, what's up?" She asked. "I need to talk to you. Can you meet me on the beach near my house?" I asked. "Sure, is everything okay?" She asked. "I guess so." I said. She sighed. "Okay, I will be there in 10." She said, then hung up. I swallowed hard. Why was I so nervous for this?

--------------------

Hey! I feel like I post the same authors note at the end of each chapter, but thank you for all of the reads, comments and votes!

Follow me on Instagram if you don't already! It's @sparkleswift13_

I would love for you all to follow me there! And if you have any requests for this story such as things you want to see, ect, you can direct message me on twitter. My twitter is also @sparkleswift13_

I have written future chapters, but I'm not there yet, posting wise, which is why I will update this a lot more!

Vote, comment and read. ily. -kate<3