Part 20

They spent their next few days alone, in the pool where they lazily floated holding hands, in the ocean where he taught her how to surf, in the city where he took her to all of the shops so she could browse and buy things that caught her eye, with her own money.

Here and there people would stop him for a picture or autograph. Rae would stand to the side and watch in awe. He was so polite and funny with them. Never once did he say no or act rude towards them.

When they would ask who she was she would just say she was a friend visiting from the States.

They had stopped at the same vendor where she fell in love with the tiny starfish necklace the first time. This time she would buy it. But she looked for it and couldn't find it. The vendor had apologized and said he sold it a few months ago.

********

At the house, Rae sauntered out of the ocean water, her hair down to her butt, dripping over her skin. Her tanned skin glowing in the setting sun. She wore a white bikini that hugged her curves.

Jai watched her. He instantly thought of Ariel as he watched her wring out her hair and toss it over her shoulder. He stood from where he was sitting in the sand and went to her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he lifted her off her feet, his head lowering to hers.

His little mermaid.

Waves brushed over his feet as he kissed her until she was breathless.

He lowered her to the sand. "I have something for you. " He whispered into her ear.

"You do? " She was a little shocked but more curious.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small flat box and placed it into her hand.

She lowered her eyes to it, her thumb brushed over the material. With careful hands she opened it. Inside was the tiny starfish necklace.

Her eyes widened. She raised them to his. "So you bought it? When?"

"That day. Right after you walked away from it and stood on the pier. "

She touched her finger to it. Her eyes welled up as she watched it gleam. " I don't know what to say. "

" You don't have to say anything. I know how much you wanted it. "

She wrapped her arms around his neck again, kissed his lips. " Thank you. "

He slid his hands up her body, still slick from the water. Reluctantly, he pulled away. " I want to make you dinner. But I have to get a few things from the store. I want to make you something special. Do you want to come with me?"

"I think I might stay and bring the horses in. It will storm later. "

" It won't take me long, maybe an hour. Here. " he reached for the box and took out the necklace. He clasped it around her neck.

"It was made for you"

It rested just below her collarbone. She touched her fingers to it again. "It's so beautiful."

"Just like the woman wearing it. " He smiled at her and kissed her again.

*******

She went to the stables, a cup of coffee in her hand. She let the horses in, her normal routine. Spartacus came running in last and stood in front of her.

" Hi my big handsome boy." She placed her hands on his cheeks and kissed his nose. "You've come a long way, haven't you."

He nodded his head and snorted.