Part 8

**Hey guys! I'm sorry it has taken me a few days to update. I just moved so I've been super busy! I hope you are enjoying the story so far and please comment and vote! I love hearing your feedback! Also sorry for any mistakes and wacky text. I am writing on my phone and it seems like every time the app updates it screws up my chapters and it won't let me fix any of it! So frustrating! PS...I don't know Jai's real sister's name so I named her Jess. :)**

Jai's sister, Jess, crossed her arms as she observed to two of them. "Hi, baby brother." She grinned.

Jai spread his arms out in frustration and continued to glare at her. A different time and under different circumstances he would have been pleased to see her after such a long time, but not today.

"Do you mind?"

Rae pulled the covers up to her mouth to hide her grin. Baby brother, she thought and held back a giggle. She didn't want to infuriate him even more but the situation was funny to her.

Comfortable with herself, Jess walked to the bed and sat on the edge of it. He cursed under his breath. She ignored Jai's warning and smiled at Rae.

"Hello Rae. It's nice to finally meet you."  Her eyes were the same blueish-grey as Jai's.

Rae lowered the covers to her waist. She was thankful she was still wearing her nighty. Her hair tumbled over her shoulders. She hoped it wasn't a mess. She happily extended her hand out and shook Jess'. "Hello Jessica. It's nice to meet you too. Your mom tells me you are getting married here in a few weeks?"

"Please call me Jess. Yes I am. I couldn't think of any better place to get married then here on the beach."

Rae propped her elbow on her knee and rested her chin in her palm. "Oh it sounds so beautiful. If you need any help with decorating I would be happy help you."

Jess beamed and grabbed Rae's hands and squeezed them. "Yes, thank you! I would love that very much!"

Jai snorted. Why was he still sitting here listening to these two girls chatter about decorating, bouquets, and dresses. But he couldn't bring himself to pull away. As he watched Rae and his sister laugh and chat as if they were long time friends something stirred in him. Uncomfortable with that feeling, he got up and grabbed his pants and pulled them on.

Jess glanced over at him. "Are we boring you baby brother?"

He grunted. "Don't call me that, Jess."

She laughed and patted Rae's leg and stood. Unafraid of his glare she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you." She said softly.

He sighed as he hugged her tighter, resting his chin on top of her blonde head. "I missed you too."

Rae sat on the bed and watched them. She felt a slight pang of sadness and longing. She wished she and her sister were that close with one another. She wiped a tear away before it fell. Not wanting to disturb them she silently got up and entered the bathroom. Closing the door quietly, she searched through her rejected pile of clothing from the day they went to the city for something to wear.

She didn't realize how much she missed her family and her home. She missed her friends, her apartment, her car, and her job.

A tear trickled down her cheek and landed on her hand as she buttoned her dark purple high-waisted shorts. Oh not now, she thought. But they wouldn't stop. She sniffled as she grabbed a black short sleeved crop top and pulled it over her head.

Jai's voice came through the other side of the door. "Rae are you alright?"

She sniffled again and tried to steady her shaky voice. " Yeah, I'm just changing. I'll be-." Her voice hitched.

Jai stood with his palm against the door. He heard sniffles and her voice crack. Worried, he opened the door and found her kneeling on the bathroom floor with one arm wrapped around her stomach and the other gripping onto the bathroom sink. He couldn't see her face , her hair covered it like a curtain. But he heard her sob silently.

He felt his heart slam against his chest. He rushed to her and kneeled next to her. "Hey, hey, hey." He said softly and brushed her hair over her shoulder so he could look at her.

" Why are you crying?" He lifted her chin so he could look into her eyes.

She pulled away so he couldn't see her face. Her sobs became louder. "I'm sorry." She choked out, her shoulders shaking.

Jai pulled her into his arms and cradled her against his chest. He brushed his hand over her hair repeatedly hoping to soothe her. Her voice hitched again.

"What are you sorry for?" He lifted her head, holding her face in his hands. His blue-grey eyes searching hers.

For lying to you. To all of you. She thought. "I just miss my home. My family, my friends. I didn't realize I did until your s-sister came home."

Jai sighed and rested his forehead against hers. "Maybe you should call them."

She hiccuped. "I-I can't"

He pulled back and glared at her, controlling himself just enough to not shake her. "Why not?"

They can't know where I am. No one can. "I just can't!"

His eyes bore into hers. There she is with the secrets again. "Rae, please talk to me. You can trust me."

She shook her head. Hot fresh tears rolled down her face .

Jai sighed with frustration and pulled her against his chest again. "Just let it out, love."

Rae wrapped her arms around his neck and clung tight to him. She let go , her body shaking, her sobs becoming louder and louder as she buried her face in his neck.

Jai rubbed her back with one hand and held her head with the other. He didn't say anything more. He just held her until her sobs quieted. She sniffled and pushed herself back but didn't look him in the eye.

He lifted her chin with his thumb and index finger, forcing her head up. "Look at me." His voice firm, his eyes piercing. He didn't want to scare her so he held back his anger. "Eventually, you are going to tell me what is going on with you."

She slowly nodded her head.

Pleased with somewhat of an answer he kissed her forehead and stood, pulling her up with him. "I'll let you finish getting ready. I'll be in the stables."

He left the room . Rae sighed and began to wash her face.

**Sorry this one is a little short! I hope you enjoy! :)***