Part 14 - The Bachelorette Party

Rae stood in Spartacus' pasture with the saddle in her hands, determined to get it on the giant horse.

Spartacus stood patiently, his back quivering with anticipation of the foreign object.

Earlier, Rae tested putting a blanket on his back repeatedly. That went pretty well so she had hopes the saddle will finally be a success.

"I'm just going to ease it very slowly, alright?" She said reassuringly.

Spartacus nodded his head and bellowed.

Standing on the step stool on her toes, Rae lifted the saddle as cautiously as possible over his back.

He snorted then jolted forward and pranced in a circle around her and came to a stop back in front of her.

Rae huffed. "Surely you think this is a game."

" Need some help? " Jai stood with his foot propped on the bottom plank of the fence and his arms resting over the top. He had a smirk on his face.

Spartacus whinnied at the sound of Jai's voice and pranced over to him. Rae rolled her eyes.

Jai climbed over the fence with ease and landed swiftly on to his feet. Spartacus nodged him with his head.

Defeated, Rae held out the saddle to Jai. "Sure be my guest."

Jai took the saddle from her and walked to Spartacus' right side. He pushed the stool back with his foot.

"Maybe you can distract him. " Jai suggested.

" Alright." Rae stood in front of Spartacus and placed her hands on each side of his massive head.

She cooed at him as she rubbed his neck under his mane.

Jai raised the saddle above his head and over Spartacus' back. This time he backed up then took off to gallop around the pasture. He stopped a few feet away from them and nodded his head up and down.

Jai shook his head at him. "You stubborn bastard."

Rae was holding her stomach, trying to hold back her laughter.

He turned his head. "What? You think it's funny?" He tossed the saddle to the ground and stepped toward her. His grin looked suspicious.

"Oh no no no." Rae held her hands up in front of her and backed up. Jai quickened his pace.

She squealed and ran as fast as she could in any direction that had the most distance. Jai was quicker.

"No please! Don't!" She pleaded.

He grabbed her by the hips and hoisted her over his shoulder and spun around a few times.

She screamed and tried to wriggle free then gave up when she knew it was impossible.

With a smack to her butt he lowered her. Her body sliding down his. He slid his hands through her hair and brought her mouth to his.

Rae gripped his shirt and raised to her toes to deepen the kiss. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she pressed against him.

Spartacus nodged the both of them, breaking them apart.

Rae laughed and patted his cheek. "I think he's a bit jealous."

Jai walked over to the saddle and picked it up. He hoped Spartacus was distracted enough to put it on him.

Nope..

Once again he backed up.

" This is going to be a long day." Jai grunted.

********