Part 18

She slept in his bed. He didn't want her out of his sight. Part to keep her close, to protect her and part to make sure she doesn't slip away from him and run.

But sleep eluded him. Just being close to her, made him want her, made him need her. But too many thoughts were raking through his mind as he stood with his hands in his sweats pockets that hang loose, leaning against the door frame of the sliding door. He had opened it as he does every night to let the breeze whisk through and cool him. It felt good against his bare chest, on his face.

He turned his gaze away from the waves crashing against the sand, and watched her sleep. She must be emotionally exhausted, having to bring back the horrible memories of her past. His hands clenched into fists.

He turned his head back to the sea. He hoped, no prayed, he'd get the chance to meet this bastard.

Rae slowly opened her eyes and peeked through, letting them adjust to the faint light from the moonlight pouring into the room.

She could barely see Jai's silhouette leaning against the door jam. Shadows played over his back, over the muscles she longed to touch. To slide her hands over them. He was deep in thought, she could see the different expressions shift across his face, that twitch in his jaw.

She wanted to soothe him, to wipe away all of the fury. As silently as she could, she slipped out of the covers and placed her bare feet on the chilled hardwood floor. The breeze seeping through her short, thin night gown.

Silently, she tiptoed toward him. She reached out her hand, hesitated for just a moment, then lightly placed her palm on his shoulder blade. He was warm, she wanted to feel that warmth all over her.

He turned his head, looked down at her over his shoulder. "You should be asleep."

"I can't. The bed's cold." She murmured softly and looked up into his eyes, could see the need, the restraint. Slowly, she ran her fingertips down his spine, his skin smooth. She watched his eyes close. Heard his breath deepen.

He turned, faced her, stopped her hand, and held her wrist.

Her eyes still locked on his, she lifted her free hand, placed it on his chest, could feel his heart pound against her palm.

"Rae." He said firmly. He could feel himself losing control. Her touch nearly undoing him.

She pulled her gaze away from his, lowered it to where her hand lay. She spread her fingers, then traced them down his abdomen. His stomach quivered. His breath quickened. She glided her fingers lower.

He grabbed it before she could go any lower. It took all he had to stop her.

She slowly lifted her lashes, her eyes challenging him.

"You're not making this easy for me." His voice, rough with desire. He still held her wrists, just above her shoulders, but she stepped closer, pressed her body against him. Her breasts against his chest.

"Make love to me, " she whispered. She rubbed the inside of her thigh up his leg. Her heart pounded in her throat. Her body burned with need. Her center pulsed when she felt him harden against her. " Please."

He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, summoned every ounce of strength he could find. They opened when he felt her lips on his chest, laying a trail of soft kisses. A breath hissed through his teeth. Her tongue trailing over him.

He cursed, then let go of her wrists, gripped her other leg and lifted her so her face was close to his, and pressed her against the door jam.

She sighed when he crashed his mouth against hers. Moaned when he dug his fingers into her hips, pressing into her. She was just as hungry as he was. Digging her hands through his hair, holding on for dear life, moving her hips against him.