Ishq in Paris/ part two

Everyday since our first meeting, I would visit that same park. Just two get a glimpse of him. I would wait hours and hours, sometimes up till dark. And about a week later, when I had almost given up, he came back. I was sitting on the bench, one cold April evening, when Akash stood in front of me. Dressed in a dark blazer and  trousers and holding a long coat, but still handsome.

"Waiting for someone?" Akash asks, alomst as if he read my mind.

"No, just enjoying the pleasant air." I say, nonchalant.

Sanvi snorts, while Ria just giggles, but Anaya shushes them quickly.

"Well, should we walk while you enjoy the air?" he says, smiling.

"Yeah, sure." 

The breeze blows around as we walk out of the park towards the main street, our faces pink cheeked.

"So, are you new here?" I break the silence. He grimances before responding.

"I'm actually here to get my grandmother operated, we came here thinking she had some simple problem, but actually she needs a kidney transplant." Akash's expression changes to sad and I realize he really must care about his grandmother.

"well, why hasn't she done it yet?"

"It take a lot of money. Coming to France cost us my grandfathers last savings, I thought about selling our house in India, but Gran said the house is to precious to sell."

"Can't your parents help?"

"They died when I was young. Gran is the only family I have left."

And I instantly stop sayin anything, I just look at Akash, disbieliving, how can a boy with no parents be so nice? so well mannered? And slowly I realize that not only is Akash, charming and kind, but also very caring and generous. Who else would travel half way through the world for they very old granmother?

I stare for a long time, wanting to reach out and hug him, but I know that wouldn't be apropriate. All we do is walk along the streets, until we arrive at a high point, where you can she the shimmering Eiffel Tower, in all its bright lights. And we spend a very long time just looking at it, lost in our thoughts, until at some point Akash reached for my hand and I gave it to him without hesitation.

Again, Thank you to all of you who voted. InsideSanke XXX