Chapter Twenty-Six: Everything Seems Normal And I Just Wanted A Nap....

Guess What? I'm book is number 430 in teen fiction! This book is so close to being in the top one hundred and it's all thanks to you!! Thank you so much! You're all awesome. 

Enjoy!

----------------------

After Peaches's interview on national TV everything seem to die down slowly. The reporters have finally left Dalton alone but there was still that stray van hanging around once in a while. Dalton was able to leave his home and he was more than relieved about that. He's been stuck in his home for a little over a week and it was starting to get to his head.

Charlie and I have been the same even after what had happened at the TV station. I guess it must have been normal for him to be like that because he didn't mention it at all. Whereas I was shocked at his actions and what he did. Yes, what he did was to relax me but I felt like there was something more than that. I was over-thinking this whole problem. I knew that, but why was it bothering me? I hated that I felt this way about the situation. Charlie wasn't affected so there should be no reason for me to be affected. It must have had to be because I have never been given so much attention by people.

My sister seemed happier after that day and it pissed me off. My mother acted the same way as Peaches. It was like everything was back to normal and the mystery girl that showed up to the dance faded away. All because Peaches made her—me look like the bully in the problem. She was the one to threaten me and try to forcefully take my date.

I guess she was right. Everything went her way.

My life was backed to how it was before the whole ordeal arose. I went to work, came home, dealt with my sister and mother, ate, took a shower, read, and then went to bed. Though there would be other days when I would go over to Dalton's home after work and spent the afternoon there with him but for the past three weeks he has been busy with his career. He would spend a lot of days down at the studio with his father, who I found out owned the place and managed a lot of artists like Dalton, and worked.

Peaches was the same way. It was around the time where fall fashions came out and she was always in demand everywhere. Jasmin was also a busy lady trying to figure out her line of clothes and I could only guess that she loved the fall. My guess was right when I asked Dalton one night while on the phone. He said that fall was important to his mother because back in Pennsylvania she would get to see the leaves turn different shades of reds, brown, yellows, and oranges. She loved the colors which made it her favorite season.

Most of my time went into working and trying to save up money so that I could be ready for when senior year started. Just the thought of one more year in that hell hole was a dream. It wasn't because I hated school and learning. The real reason to hate it is because of the people I had to deal with. Hell, there were teachers that stuck up for some students because of their fame. Peaches was one that all the teachers loved and not because she was smart in everything but because she was so nice, sweet, and polite. It would make me barf watching the teachers act that way.

I was always left in the back of the class where I focused on my work and tried to understand it. I wasn't the greatest student and I wish I was but between school, work, being dragged to Peaches's shit, and whatever my mother made me do it was almost impossible for me to complete my work or study for tests. I gave up on studying and try to finish my homework to hand in. Even then I'm doing it last minute.

I was counting down the minutes to get out of work. I was tired from working a night shift last night and had to get up early for a morning shift. My bed seemed to be calling my name from all the way home. I forced myself to keep my eyes opened and look live and happy for the diners.

Finally Diana said I could go home after noticing my tired state. I finished cleaning my table up though before leaving. Diana tried to tell me that she could do it but I wouldn't allow it. Plus it was a good thing I did that because once I was finished a familiar figure walked through the door.

"Hey," I spoke as he took his sunglasses off.

"Hey Darling. Getting off anytime soon?" He asked while sitting at the counter. I was on the other side putting away bottles of condiments on the shelf.

"Now actually," I stated with a yawn.

"Great," he smiled. "Let's go out."

"Pardon me?" I was confused. Did he just asked me if I wanted to go out?

"Well, I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?" I questioned while grabbing my things from out under the counter.

"It's a surprise." What surprise?

"I need to go home to change and I think my mother's home." Well there goes sleeping.

"No problems, I'll wait outside."