Chapter Eighteen: I think I Was On National Television

That night I returned home to quietness. My mother and sister were still out but I didn't know how much longer it would be until they will be home. I grabbed my dress, mask, and shoes out from the backseat of my truck. Jasmin was letting me keep the dress as a reminder of tonight. As much as I begged for her to keep it, she wouldn't. So I finally took the dress home with me but before she let me go. She grabbed a huge bag to put over the dress to keep it protected from getting dirty.

My hair was still up and I had make-up on. The first thing I needed to do was get into the house and then into the shower to clean myself. The last thing I needed was for them to find out about tonight. I shut my truck and headed into the house. I headed up to my room with the dress in my arms. The thing was starting to make my muscles sore and I couldn't wait to hang it up in my closet. Safe and sound and out of sight of Peaches and my mother.

My light was flicked on and I made my way over to my walk-in closet. There wasn't a lot of clothing in there compared to Peaches's closet but it was more than enough for me. I went to the rack near the end and shoved my shirts to the side so that the dress had a safe spot to hang in the back and out of sight. I moved my shirts over it to block that it was there but you could still tell that it was there. I took the shoe box that held the shoes and mask and placed the box in an empty drawer near the dress, so at least it was close.

I smiled happily but stared back at the drawer that I placed the box in. It didn't feel right to me. I wanted to see at least something that reminded me of the event. I opened the drawer again, pulled out the box, than sat it on the counter to open it up. No, because if one of them were to come in here and saw them out in plain view, they could probably put the puzzle together. I sat the box back in the drawer, but the top of the shoe box was placed underneath it. So that all I had to do was open the drawer to see my shoes and mask. I was happy with that.

Once I was done with that I grabbed my towel and headed out for a quick shower. In the bathroom I took my time taking out the flowers in my hair and sat them to the side so that I could grab them afterwards to hide away. I released the braids from the bun and quickly unbraided my hair while turning on the shower so that it could warm up.

My hair fell down a small loose wavy curls, I stared amazed but watched at the curls seemed to die. I forgot about it and stripped out of my clothes before getting into the shower.

Once I was finished with my shower, I grabbed my things out of the bathroom. I remembered not to forget the flowers before leaving and turning off the light. There was still quietness in the house as I headed back to my room. Peaches and my mother were still out.

I got dressed in some plaid pajama bottoms and a grey t-shirt. While brushing my hair, I went back into my closet and placed the flowers into the drawer with the shoe box. I stared at the outfit I wore for a couple moments until I heard the door being opened downstairs.

Peaches and my mother were home.

I left my closet and closed the door behind me. My hair was thrown up into a sloppy pony tail and I grabbed my laptop to read when I heard my mother and Peaches talking as they came upstairs.

"—that was so humiliating!" Peaches cried.

"Oh, honey, relax. She didn't mean it! She had no right to say those lies about you." I bit my lips from grinning. Was I terrible for speaking my mind? Ok, maybe a little because I did call her a name but other than that one thing it was totally worth it.

"You better call the lawyer tomorrow! I want to know who that girl is! She is so going to get it once I find her!" Peaches slammed her door shut and I heard her cry while my mother headed down to the other end of the hallway to her bedroom.

Uh, hello, I'm across the hall from you.

I giggled softly at Peaches's cluelessness.

I heard my phone got off and I stumbled over to my dirty pile of clothes forgetting that I had it in my pocket. I answered it on the last ring,

"Hey," I smiled.

"Are you home safe?" Dalton's voice asked softly.

"Yeah, I am. Thank you," I replied.

"Alright, good." He yawned.

I laughed, "Why don't you get some sleep."

"That would be a smart idea," His voice mumbled.

"Good night then," I spoke warmly.

"Good night Angel." We hung up after that.

"OH MY GOD!"

Did I have to wake up to this every Saturday morning?!

There was a ring from my phone and I grabbed it from the nightstand to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Turn onto Channel Eighteen right now," It was Charlie's voice. "You're not going to believe it," I sat up in my bed and grabbed the dusty remote from my nightstand to turn on the TV. I flipped through the channels to eighteen. "Did you get there?"

"Yes, calm down." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Alright good. I need to call Dalton now," And with a click he was gone. I stared at the TV which showed a beautiful red-head with piercing green eyes as the host on some news segment. There was a picture of the building that the dance was held at and the lady was talking

"—Last night's Fifth Annual Jasmin Mountains's Ball has become the talk on almost every talk show and website. Famous people from movies, talk shows, runways, and the host herself, Jasmin Mountains, were there. World renowned teen model, Peaches Westcott was there wearing a handmade, Gregory Cause red ball gown. Though the attention was taken away from her when a mysterious girl, with the famous country music artist, Dalton Mountains, stepped out of the limo followed by his bodyguard and long-time friend, Charlie Hamilton."

I watched as they showed a shot of Peaches and my mother showing off their outfits but then the view was turned onto me as I smoothly stepped out of the limo with Dalton and Charlie behind me. The flashing was bright and I walked down the red carpet with the boys, who waved to the paparazzi.

"They stole the show wearing one-of-a-kind outfits designed by Jasmin herself. The trio showed off their outfits to the cameras, but the talk of the trio would have to be the unknown girl that Dalton was holding hands with. The dress she wore was by Jasmin, who created a bold orange dress that was outfitted with camouflaged to complete her Huntress look. Dalton and Charlie wore matching suits with The Star of the dance. All of them completed the Huntress and Her Hunters look with matching masks. A perfect fit for the theme of masquerade."

The view changed to show the moment when Dalton grabbed my hand with his. You could see my cheeks turn red and then Charlie wrapping his arm around my shoulders. The shot was brought back to the host of the news.

"The trio stole the light away from Peaches, who was reported to be very upset over the ordeal with the mysterious girl. It's rumored that she tried stealing Dalton away from his date multiple times and threw a fit before running out of the ball in tears. Apparently a fight happened between the Sweetheart and Huntress, words were exchanged, and tears were shown during the ball.

"So who is this girl? When Dalton was asked that question before the ball, he didn't give a straight answer. He replied that she was his Angel before going into the building. Though it didn't stop there. Jasmin was asked the same question but she also protected her identity by saying that the girl didn't want her name to be spoken and so it was to be kept quiet. So who is this girl that stole the spotlight from Peaches? Where did Dalton find her? Why doesn't she want her identity revealed? One thing's for sure, Peaches is not too fond of the Huntress already but the world is in love with her already. I'm Erica Nobly and this is Channel Eighteen News."

I couldn't stop grinning.