Chapter Fourteen: Well, Of Course My Nerves Will Spike To A Scary Height.

Halfway through eating homemade hamburgers and fries. A new face appeared at the kitchen entrance. He was about Jasmin age and I knew quickly that he was Dalton's father because of the same features that they shared. He had short brown hair, brown eyes, wide-set jaw, and was quite tall. He had greys in his hair from age and he wore a simple business outfit of a black dress shirt and pants along with polished shoes.

"Well, this must be Cherry." The father spoke and I nodded my head swallowing the last of my burger.

"Nice to me you," I spoke finally.

"You too."

"Finally your home," Jasmin commented while he kissed her head and grabbed himself a plate for some food. "How was work?"

"Long and boring."

"Of course it was," She rolled her eyes and we all chuckled quietly.

"I have to say son, you picked a good one."

"I know," Dalton gloated and I gave him a look. He was making me sound like some object but I knew he was just being funny. I shoved his shoulder lightly and he did it back. The man looked familiar, I've probably seem him around before like I have with Jasmin, for the rest of lunch I found out how big of a jokester Dalton's father was. He was really laid back and reminded me of my dad. Though the only thing he seemed to be missing was the strictness that my dad would show when things got serious. Other than that, Dalton's father was a nice and respectful man. Just like his son.

I couldn't stop gawking at the dress that I wore. Jasmin had a true talent when it came to designing these dresses. Around the waist was a camouflaged braid which circled around a couple of times and on the back was a perfectly tied bow to match. Along with my mask and the shoes that she got specially made for me. Everything I wore was just unique. From the dress down to the shoes. No one else had something like this. It made me feel so special to be able to wear it.

Once the boys finished getting dress they came out in their new suits. Dalton looked dashing in his clean white suit with orange dress shirt, camouflaged tie, and vest. Charlie pulled his off just as well with a black suit, camouflaged dress shirt, orange tie and vest. They both wore their work boots to complete their look. We wore our matching masks to complete the feel of a masquerade ball.

Though the star would be the designer. Jasmin had something with classy looks because she walked down in a sleek black dress with a slit up the side that stopped at her knee. She wore a gold mask decorated with black feathers. Her husband matched her with a simpler gold mask, and a classy black tux completed with white gloves and combed back hair.

"Wow," I spoke.

"I'm not one to go overboard," Dalton's father spoke fixing the gloves on his hands. "As much as I love my wife's choice in a career, she was not going to dress me in some stupid fashion statement outfit." I grinned at him as I felt a hand on my back and I knew it was Dalton.

"Shall we go?" Jasmin asked while lifting her mask off her face.

"This is going to be interesting," Charlie grinned as we followed Jasmin and her husband outside. My eyes widened at the sight of a huge black limo waiting at the end of the walkway. A man in a simple suit was waiting for us and held the door opened as everyone got in. Dalton and I were the last to get into the limo and the door shut softly behind us.

"Okay, I've never rode in a limo before." I looked amazed at the inside. Everyone laughed at my comment and how excited I looked. I tried to smooth down the dress I wore but I knew that that wasn't going to happen. The dress had so many layers it was almost impossible to keep it down. I looked like I was in the middle of a giant pile of blankets.

"Dalton," I stared out the window of the limo. I started to become nervous at the sight at the place that the dance was being held at. There were other limos and fancy cars driving up to the entrance of the building that was lit up with huge lights and...flashing cameras. "There's cameras," It came out to barely a whisper.

"It's normal," He whispered back.

"Not for me Dalton," I grew scared as our limo was next in the line of the sea of cars. I watched as a girl in a red dress stepped out of a hummer limo and then my eyes widened when I realized who the girl was. Then again it wasn't that hard to figure out who it was.

Peaches.

"Hey, it's your sister." Charlie pointed out while everyone stared at my sister. The paparazzi went crazy at the sight of her as she was surrounded by the flashing lights and screaming. She wore her dress and a gold mask to complete the look. I watched as she smiled happily. My mother followed her in a midnight blue dress with a laced black mask to complete the look.

They looked so happy and seeing them made me upset. This was Peaches's life and it was always going to be like that for the rest of her life. My mother was going to follow behind and enjoy the fame also. While I stood at the side and pretended that I was nothing.

"What are you so worried about?" Dalton whispered into his ear.

"The cameras," I mumbled. "I feel like...I don't deserve it." He grabbed my chin and turned my head to him. I look into his eyes and could see that he wasn't pleased with what I had just said.

"If anyone deserves a little attention for one night...that would be you Angel." He kissed my forehead and I smiled softly. I felt the car move and I looked out the window. We moved slowly until we were at the entrance of the building where the dance was being held. There was a red carpet and surrounding the carpet were hundreds of people with cameras and mics. I could see my sister and mother posing for them. The amount of excitement and happiness that they have shown was a lot. Enough to last a lifetime.

"Can...can we at least keep quiet about who I am?" I asked, my nerves getting to me.

"If that makes you more comfortable, then yes." He turned to his mother and father for a moment. "Hey, let's keep Cherry quiet. Address her by something else." His parents nodded understandingly.

"Interesting," Charlie grinned while sliding his mask on. "Dalton and his mystery date: the Huntress."

"I like that," I laughed a little. He winked at me just as the door was opened next to me. Dalton slid his mask off so it sat on his forehead and I decided to keep mine on for the short walk.

Well, this was going to be something alright.