Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Louis' POV

I'd never been the kind of person to hurt myself, but today.. I started thinking about it. I honestly don't think that I could ever bring myself to do it. 

But that's what I'm doing... I'm thinking about it, and I can't stop. 

Does it hurt? 

What happens if I cut too deep? 

Would I be missed if something does go wrong? 

I was leaning over the sink in my bathroom. Maybe once wouldn't hurt... I walked to the shower and grabbed my razor. I shut the lid of the toilet and sat down. I took apart the razor, and held a single blade in my hand. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and sliced my wrist one time. Two times. Three times. 

 My wrist  felt like it was burning. I opened my eyes and saw blood flowing from my wrist. My head started pounding and I got light-headed. The blade fell from my hand. My ears started ringing, a long continuous beep. The last thing I remember was trying to say, "Help me."

Niall's POV

I was sitting on my bed, talking to Liam on the phone. Since Louis decided to date that 'thing'... I made myself stop liking him. I told myself that if he wanted to be with me, I'd have him.. But I don't. So that's that. The one person that hasn't let me down at all is Liam. Liam was there when Louis wasn't. Liam was nothing like Zayn.. which I found weird, but he's a great guy. I don't want him to feel like I'm throwing myself at him, but I think I like him.

"Have you talked to Louis?" He asked.

"No. Why would I?"

"Because, Niall. He's your best friend-"

"That doesn't mean anything anymore.. He's dating him and he shouldn't be."

"He's dating who?"

"Some asshole named Harry-" I stopped myself before I said anything else.

"Well, why don't you like him?"

"It's complicated.. Just forget about it, okay?"

"You know you can tell me anything, Niall.."

"Yeah, I know that,"

My mum ran into my room with tears in her eyes.

"Liam, I've gotta go." I hung up before he could answer.

"What's wrong?" I went to her.

"It's Louis.. He's in the hospital."

My heart dropped.

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know.. They wouldn't tell me."

"Can we go see him?" I asked.

She nodded and we walked to the car.

When we got to the hospital, I ran into the building. I ran to the receptionist's desk.

 "I need to see Louis Tomlinson.. Where is he?"

She typed something into her computer. "What is your relationship to him?"

"He's my best mate."

"You can only go see him if you've got permission."

I looked towards my mum. She already had her phone out and was calling Louis' mum.