Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Niall's POV

What just happened?

Louis talked to Lottie's killer?

Why didn't he tell me?

He followed Louis?

Why does this have to happen to Louis?

Louis could've told me. It's not like I'd be mad... I'm mad because he didn't tell me. We need to tell someone, but I couldn't.. neither could Louis. I don't know what that guy told Lou, but it had to be bad.. because I've never seen Louis react that badly to something. I just wish he'd tell me the truth.

I haven't talked to Louis in three days. He's ignored my texts, calls, and he ignores me in the halls. Yes, it feels awful knowing that your best friend/ the person you're in love with can't even look at you. I feel like shit for going off on him, and I've tried apologizing... but he doesn't want to hear it.

I was going to talk to Louis today, at all costs.

Louis' POV

Niall probably hates me and he probably thinks I hate him. I should probably say something to him... but I don't want to be shot down. He'll ignore me and then I'll be left looking and feeling like an idiot.

The lunch bell rang and I left class. Niall wasn't there, or in any of our classes. I was getting a bit worried. He never misses school, just like me. Could that man with the green eyes have anything to do with it? As I thought that, I was grabbed from behind and pulled into the bathroom. I quickly closed my eyes, not wanting to know who had me. I was shoved against the wall again. The person had covered my mouth as well. They took their hand off and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Niall, you scared the shit out of me," I whispered loudly. 

"Sorry," He smiled.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I was a dumb ass. I should've been there for you,"

"You were there," I interrupted.

"Not in the way I needed to be. I shouldn't have blown up on you like that... Again, I'm sorry. And that's all." He turned and started walking away.

"Wait,"

Niall turned back around to face me. I hugged him.

"I forgive you, Ni."

Niall's POV

"Wait," He called out. 

I turned around and saw him standing there. My heart fluttered when he stopped me. He hugged me. Man, he gives the best hugs. 

"I forgive you, Ni." 

Why did I have to fall for him? I mean, he's never gonna like me... He's into buff, footballers... Not wimpy, nerds like me. 

"What are you thinking about, Ni?"

"I...I, uh... ummm..." I stuttered.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I could feel the heat in my cheeks. 

Louis smiled at my reaction. 

Could he feel the same?

*****************************************

I stayed with Louis tonight, to talk about this guy. We needed to figure out who he was and how he found Lottie. 

"So, can you tell me exactly what you saw? From the beginning.."

"Well, yeah.. I was walking home from the cafe. I heard someone scream, so I walked towards the voice. I stopped at  the alleyway that was three streets from the cafe. I saw Lottie laying on the ground... and I didn't know what she was doing, but before I could do anything, this guy comes out of nowhere. He took out a knife and stabbed her. He looked straight at me, and the only thing I could think to do was run." 

I couldn't imagine going through anything like that. 

"Louis, I'm sorry," 

"What's done is done, and you can't do anything about it,"

"Neither could you," 

"Yes, I could... I could've stopped him, distracted him... That should've been me, not Lottie. She should be alive right now... I'm just an idiot."

"Don't say that," I grabbed his hand.

I could tell that he was fighting back tears.

"Lou-"

"I could've stopped him," He cried. 

"But he's gonna get away with it unless we don't find out why he did it," 

"How are we going to do that?" He looked at me. 

"We've got to find evidence... Well, first we've got to figure out who he is,"

"I've got his phone number... Maybe I could text him?"

"Can I see your phone?" 

He nodded and handed it to me. I pressed the unlock button and the screen lit up. I smiled at his background because it was a picture of us. I unlocked his phone. 

"Which one is his number?" 

"It's the one after your last message," Louis told me. 

From: Louis

I know who you are.

"There, maybe we can scare him." I smiled.

"Yeah, because someone that murdered my sister is going to be scared of a text," Louis shot back. 

"You never know, he could get intimidated..." 

"Okay," He said sarcastically. 

Louis' phone vibrated. 

"What does it say?"

I opened the text message and read, "Oh, is that so?" 

 "He knows we don't," Louis was starting to freak out.

From: Louis

Yes..

"Is that all?" Louis asked.

"I'm a professional," I joked. 

"A professional dumb ass," Louis laughed.

I playfully hit his arm.

From: Unknown

If you know so much, we should meet. 

"See," I showed him the message.

"How did you-"

"I'm a professional,"

From: Louis

When and where?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The picture on the side is Louis' background!(: