Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Niall's POV

I tried to distract myself from what I had just seen. I knew exactly where Louis went. I saw him there. Harry. He went with him. Why would he do that? I mean, Louis was so upset after he stayed with him. And why the hell did Lou stay with him in the first place? He's definitely not telling me something. And I had to figure out what that was. 

I sitting at the diner, waiting for Louis. Hoping that he'd actually turn up this time. 

I really do like him, but I have no clue how to tell him or how to even bring it up. I mean, we've been best friends since grade two, and we're so close... But I don't think he'd like me that way. It feels like he's slipping away from me, but until he finds his perfect guy... I'll be here for him. I may be hopelessly in love with him, but I'll be there. 

I heard the bell on the front door ring, so I looked up. Louis was walking towards me. I smiled, even though he looked about as sad as a puppy without a toy.  He gave me a slight smile. 

"Hey Ni," He sat down.

"Hi Lou.. You okay?"

"Yep, I think..."

"I don't want to come off as a dick, but I saw why you stayed," I said, honestly.

"Really? Are you upset?" 

"No, I'm just concerned. What if he hurt you?" 

"He wouldn't do that. He's strangely nice, actually." 

"What happened the other day, when you stayed with him?" 

"Well, uhm, don't be mad?" 

"I can't promise anything," I joked.

His face dropped.

"Kidding.. I won't be mad." I smiled. 

 "Well, we might have kissed." His face started turning pink.

My heart just shattered into a million pieces.

"Oh... I wasn't expecting that,"

"But that's not all... So, we met in the alley, right?"

"Right," I said, softly.

"Well, I said something about not seeing what he saw,"

"And what was that?" I interrupted.

"I'm getting there, hold on... So, then he was like can I show you something. We got in his car and he took me to his flat. He took me into his bathroom and told me to look in the mirror and tell him what I saw.. Of course I was like, nothing, and then he told me what he saw." He paused and smiled. 

"He was like I see a perfect boy and then he described everything that he liked about me. And one thing led to another, we made out, and after that I can't remember anything.."

"You what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

"We made out." He smiled. 

I was absolutely disgusted. 

"What did you do after that?" I asked.

"Well, when I woke up, I was naked and these were here," He moved his collar down to reveal three purple bruises.

"Are you serious? How could you do that?" I said, getting louder as I spoke. 

"Niall, it's not that big of a deal." 

"Louis, you said yourself that you can't remember what happened.. Did you ever think he drugged you or something?"

"But he didn't!" 

"Then why don't you remember?" 

"I remember some parts, not every detail.. I was kind of overwhelmed.." He admitted.

"Overwhelmed? Really?" I shook my head and stood up. 

"You'd be overwhelmed by that too, Niall." He mumbled.

I huffed, amused by what Louis just said. 

Louis' POV

What was his problem? He really did piss me off. Like, what the hell? So, what if I find Harry attractive? Why would Niall be upset about that? 

I left the cafe and started to walk home. It was pretty warm for Doncaster this time of year. So, I took off my suit jacket and threw it over my shoulder and continued walking. I walked with my head facing the ground. I was walking along the sidewalk and I heard a car coming towards me. The car pulled up beside me. I looked over to see Harry sitting in the driver's seat. 

"Need a ride?" He smiled. 

"Only if you take me home."

"Could I come in?" 

"Do you think that's a good idea?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"They won't have to know who I am.. we could make a fake name or some shit." He  chuckled to himself.

"Okay? But if you come, we're staying in my room..." 

"Fine with me," He smiled, "Get in."

***************************************

"Mum," I called out, "I'm home,"

"Okay, boo. We're in the kitchen." She called back. 

I turned to Harry, "You want anything?" 

"Just you," He smirked.

"Alright, well.. let's go say hi, okay?"

He nodded. I intertwined our fingers and walked to the kitchen.

"Oh, who's this?" My mum asked, seeming surprised by Harry.

"This is Edward... my, my.. uhm,"

"His boyfriend," Harry butted in.

My mum's eyes widened. "Your boyfriend?"

I nodded, "Yes,"

"When did this happen?"

"A few weeks ago," Harry draped his arm around my shoulders.

"O-Okay.. I wish you would've told me, Boo... I would've made lunch or something."

"No, it's fine Mrs. Tomlinson.. We ate before we got here," He smiled.

"Please don't call me that, call me Jay." Mum smiled.

"Alright,"

"We're gonna go do some homework and maybe watch a movie," I said before walking out of the kitchen.

Once we were out of hearing distance, I stopped and turned towards Harry, "Boyfriend? Really?"

Harry was laughing his ass off.

"This isn't funny," I said, before I busted out laughing.

Harry picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"I'm having fun with my boyfriend," He laid me on my bed and stared at me.

"What?"

"Do you think we could actually ever be together?"

"I-I don't know..."

Truth is... really want to.