Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

[Joey]

“We did it!” I yelled, jumping into Tom’s arms at my apartment.

“Yeah, we did!” He said, just as excited. “I’m going to buy you a fuckin’ ice cream shop, baby!” He kissed me.

My dad cleared his throat loudly, causing Tom and I to stop kissing and blush. “I better be going. It’s a long way home.”

“Thanks, dad.” I said, walking over and hugging him.

“No problem, son.” He smiled. “I’ll see you again, real soon.”

I watched him leave and smiled. The man was really trying, wasn’t he? My mom walked over to us with a smile on her face and Molly at her feet.

“I’m assuming it went well?” She asked.

“I get to go home!” Tom said.

“I’m glad. Not that I didn’t enjoy having you here—I did, believe me. But maybe now I won’t walk in on anything.”

“What do you mean, mommy?” Molly asked.

“Nothing, Molly!” I yelled. “Mommy doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”

Tom cleared his throat. “Anyway, I’m just here to get my stuff, then I’m going home. Uh, Joey?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you going with me?”

“Huh?”

“To my house, I mean. I want you to get to know my family like I’ve gotten to know yours.”

“Won’t that be too much for your mom?”

“No, she’ll love you, Joey.”

I smiled at him. “If you say so.”

“Who wouldn’t love you?” He snorted.

“And tomorrow,” My mom said. “I’ll meet his mother. I have a lot to say to that woman, but I’ll bite my tongue.”

“Oh, mom—”

“I’ll be nice.”

“I’m sure Tom doesn’t think that it’s a good idea right now.” I said, looking at him for support.

“Actually, I think it’s a good idea.” He smiled. Bastard.

“Good, it’s settled then. Molly, let’s go watch the rest of our movie.” She said, placing a hand on Molly’s shoulder and leading her to the couch. On the TV, a scene from Tarzan was paused. Disney movies? Fuck yeah.

“Joey, wanna help me get my stuff together?” Tom asked, giving me a not so sly wink.

I resisted the urge to laugh. “Sure!”

We both smiled at each other and walked to my room. We barley had the door shut before he pushed me down onto my bed.

“Whoa there, cowboy.” I said, giving a nervous laugh. “Not so into shoving, especially because of the Chester thing.”

His face went pale. “Oh my God—Joey, I am so sorry!” I watched as tears welled up in his eyes.

“Tom, it’s okay.” I gave him a half smile. “It’s just gonna make me nervous for a while.”

“No, it’s not okay. I’m so sorry, babe—”

“Tom?”

“Yes?”