Forgetting the World [BoyxBoy]

[Joey]

“Faggot!” Some jerk screamed, slamming me into a fucking locker while his friends laughed at my expense. I stood tall and ignored the bruises that were already forming on my left arm and chest. Bastards.

Meet me; I’m Joseph Dylan Finnegan, more commonly Joey. I’m seventeen, have shaggy red hair, and brown eyes. In my opinion, my short and slim body is incredibly attractive, not that I’m full of myself or anything. I’m in the eleventh grade and I live in L.A. with my mom and little sister, Molly.

Another group of guys passed me, these were obviously jocks, and threw paper balls at me while yelling homo.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I get bullied a lot.

Because I’m gay.

I stood up straight and walked into my English class. Mrs. Freeborn, my teacher, beamed at me from her desk. Mrs. Freeborn was an old, chubby, short woman with dyed brown hair that she kept in the bun at the top of her head. I smiled back. Dear god, I loved this class. Mrs. Freeborn kicked anyone who said anything about anyone out. And the fact that it was English was pretty awesome to.

The desks in the room were shaped in a horseshoe pattern so you could always have a decent view of Mrs. Freeborn. She thought it would help everyone focus. She was right; no one could text or pass notes without her seeing. If she liked you, she’d let it slide. But she didn’t like a lot of people. I was lucky.

I slammed my books down onto the first desk in the middle of the horseshoe arrangement and sat down. The warning bell rang and people sprawled into the room. I watched the same scene that I did every day: nerds were eager to take their seats, the jocks took their time, the cheerleaders flirted with the popular boys, and the popular boys flirted with them and the other popular girls.

But today someone broke the record. I watched him as he walked in: Tall, short brown hair, skinny. I couldn’t see his eyes, but I had a feeling that they popped against his creamy skin. He was wearing jean shorts and an Element Tee. He said some words to Mrs. Freeborn, and I stared at my desk as she started walking towards me.

“Joseph,” She said in her high voice. I reluctantly looked up at her and the beautiful boy.

“Yes, Misses Freeborn?” I asked innocently, keeping my eyes at her.

“This is Tomas Quinn. He’s going to sit next to you.”

“Okay.” I smiled, turning to him. “Nice to meet you, Tomas.”

He smiled and sat down next to me. Hot damn! Cute new boy sitting to my right! Holy shit, Joey, you lucky, lucky boy! I tried to conceal my excitement as he got his stuff out. I looked straight ahead; I didn’t want him to think that I was a creeper! But, maybe he thinks I’m rude! Oh god…

“Uh, Tomas?” I asked.

“What?” He said, looking at me through green slits of eyes. Ouch.

“Welcome to our school?”

“Thanks.”

Well…That didn’t go to well. I need more friends though, I mean, I have a lot, but still. Oh who am I kidding no one wants to be seen with me. I’m nothing around here.

Again I found myself trying to hide my emotions from him so he couldn’t tell how much I was bummed by his attitude. Maybe he was just grumpy because it was morning. Or maybe he already knows I’m gay and he didn’t like me. C’mon, what did I ever do to him! I’m nice. I don’t have to be. It’s not like I was throwing myself all over him. Okay, yeah I think he’s hot, but that doesn’t mean anything, man!