Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

[Joey]

“Joey!” Someone called as I was putting my books away in my locker. I turned just in time for them to stop next to me.

“Hey, Tom.” I said dully. It was hard to keep my eyes open, man.

“Tom?” He said, concern filling his features.

“That’s your name, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, but normally you call me Tommy.”

“I thought you didn’t like being called Tommy.”

“I don’t, but—”

“But?”

“Never mind. You look really tired.”

“I am.”

“Did you sleep last night?”

“I tried to.”

“Tried to?”

“Your mother came to my house last night.”

“Oh, shit.” He said. I slammed my locker shut and started to walk to English, but he caught my wrist.

“Tomas.” I said, looking at him. “We’re going to be late.”

“You can’t be late if you don’t show up.”

“What?”

“I’m kidnapping you.” He smiled. “Let’s go.”

“You can’t be serious.” I whined. He just smiled and dragged me out of the building and to his car.

“You can’t drive with me in there, can you?” I asked.

“I turned seventeen in January.” He said. “I’m gonna do what I want.”

“You’re still not eighteen.” I muttered, but I climbed in anyway.

We drove in silence for the longest time. I didn’t say anything because one, I was tired, and two, his driving scared me. He pulled into a mall parking lot and parked, before shutting the car off and getting out.

I got out too, but when he got into the back seat, I was nervous. What the hell was he doing? I have no problem with him using me to experiment with, but, this is a little drastic!

“You coming?” He asked.

Slowly, I opened the door and got in next to him. He had his legs folded in a pretzel shape that I mimicked. He smiled at me and I blushed, beginning to chew on my lip. What was he gonna do?!

“Joey, are you okay?” He asked. “You look sick.”

“Next time I’m driving!” I yelled.

He chuckled. “No, you’re not. My car. But, something else is bugging you. What is it?”

“Nothing.”

“Liar.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“No, I’m not!”

“There’s something bugging you.”

“You’re not allowed to kiss me again until you tell me why you did yesterday!” I blurted out, my face turning red.

He blushed too. “Joey, I, uh, I didn’t bring you here for a make out session, though it would be fun. I actually brought you here so we could talk.”