Chapter 11

***For anyone following this, I finally came back to see if I could get the final chapters to actually post here. This was also on fanfiction.net for anyone who didn't see.***

Affections and Attention

Chapter 11

The flight had been long and she had gathered they were heading to Hawaii since Kyouya had decided to use public transportation instead of the Ohtori family's private jet. It was a nice change though; another surprise that she was sure Kyouya had planned. It was a hint for her and he was going to reveal nothing more until they got there.

She fell asleep on the way there, head resting on Kyouya's arm. He was pleased to say in the least and wanted to pull her closer but the arms of the seats made it awkward to do so and he really didn't want to disturb her.

He gently shook her awake when they arrived, nervous and excited about the whole thing. Romance was what he was going for but he had no knowledge of it which is why he called his best friends. He didn't want to mess up and he wanted to do over their honeymoon the right way.

Hisoka rubbed her eyes, still a little sleepy and Kyouya couldn't hold back a smile. She looked cute.

"Come on, the driver is waiting," he said and took her hand. He led them off of the plane

Soon enough they arrived in a five star hotel, baggage being taken up to their rooms for them. He kept his lips sewn shut, clenching his jaw in anticipation. Seeing this expression on his face made Hisoka wonder just what he had up his sleeve in order to make him so expressive.

When they finally reached their room, he took out his key but hesitated. He turned to her, looking down so she could clearly look into his eyes when he spoke to her.

"I know I haven't been the husband you wished of me but I want to salvage our marriage. I did not think I could care for you the way you wanted from me but I was proven wrong and I want to show you that I do have feelings for you. I want to act on them, if you would like me to," he finished, unconsciously holding his breath and waiting for her answer.

She had gathered that it was something along those lines but hearing it, still surprised her. She had waited for this day to come for so long but yet she had lost faith in it. Hearing him talk to her like this was a dream come true and her heart swelled, beating at a more accelerated rate.

"Kyouya...of course I just...I just thought you wouldn't want me around after..." She said, trying to form sentences on the thoughts going through her mind the last few months. She had been so afraid that he was only caring for her until she was healthy again and then asking for a divorce or something along those lines.

"I couldn't do such a thing to you," he said, letting out his held breath and bent down, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. Her heart skipped a beat.

"I want to start over, from the night of our honeymoon. I want to know you as my wife, and spend the proper time with you. I want to try again, to have a family. There is no one other than you I wish to be with," he said, turning back to the door and sliding the key.

Her heart ached but this time, it was not from loss. It was from love, and chances, and possibilities. From the ending she finally got to have, just not the way she had ever imagined it would be.

When he opened the door, roses as chilled wine greeted them on the bed. The balcony door was open, letting in a warm breeze that brought the fragrance towards them. The view of the sea was clear from where she was standing and it almost brought tears to her eyes.

"I love you Hisoka. Will you join me for a glass?" He asked, stepping into the room and picking up the wine bottle.

She was frozen to the spot, tears welling up in her eyes and spilling over. She was so overcome by happiness than she just couldn't move.

"Hisoka?" He asked, seeing her and freezing to the spot himself. Had he gone too far? "Did I say something wrong?"

"No...no...I just can't believe that you're being honestly romantic," she said with a small laugh. The sound made his heart jump.

She finally moved, heading towards him and wrapping him in a tight embrace. It felt like she was holding on for dear life but he didn't mind. Contact had been rare since the incident and a laugh even rarer. He could feel her emotions seep out of the hug and he hugged her just as tight back to relieve everything she was feeling.

"Thank you," she mumbled into his chest, words barely comprehensible.

"No, thank you for opening my eyes to the most wonderful woman in my life," he replied softly. He loosened his grip and slid his hands up her sides until they found her face. He gently tilted her head up to look up at him and he kissed her.

Happiness exploded through the pair as he kissed her and then kissed away her tears like the hero from a romance novel. He then planted one on her forehead again, drawing away with skin a bit flushed but a smile on his face. She mirrored his expression.

"I was thinking that tonight, we could walk on the beach when it gets dark. There are luaus tonight by the edge and they sound most invigorating," he said, sounding more like himself...but not so distanced from her.

"It sounds lovely," she said, grin brightening her face.

"I hoped so," he said, popping the cork off the bottle and pouring them each a glass.

She took the glass from him and started sipping, feeling the sweetness slide down her throat and warm her belly. He watched her sip at her drink before taking a few of his own and setting it aside. He took her glass and set it aside as well, ignoring her quizzical look before taking her head in his hands again and kissing her.

This kiss was different, more passionate and demanding. She was a little bit afraid, knowing what this kiss meant but she kissed back just as eagerly. She wanted this too. She wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening it. He eventually pulled away put it was only to say.

"We might want to close the door."