Chapter 5

Thanks so much for the reviews! It’s absolutely lovely to get home from work and see them. Trust me; it helps make my day better.

Affections and Attention

Chapter Five

The drive was trying his patience being as it was a couple hour drive. Darkness seemed to swallow the interior of the limo. The only light coming from the inside was that from Kyoya’s cell phone. It had been ringing continuously for the last ten minutes. He already knew who the caller was but he was choosing to ignore it. Haruhi had already managed to pull Hisoka away from him; he wasn’t going to let her do anything else.

His train of thought derailed. Pull Hisoka away from him? As if he was her own and he was claiming her….true she was his wife but he hadn’t meant like that. He pushed his glasses up higher on the bridge of his nose. She had managed to get to him. And he was genuinely concerned for her welfare. That and he had also acknowledged his regret for shoving her away for so long. However, he wasn’t about to admit that out loud.

On the other side of town, Haruhi dropped her phone in the passenger seat of her car. Kyoya was refusing to answer her call and after Tamaki had called, demanding answers….she knew Kyoya was on his way to the resort. However, she wanted to make sure he was there because he wanted Hisoka, not because it was her duty to remain with her husband.

She eyed her phone again, seeing it was still dark. She had been with her father when this had happened and apologized as she ran out the door. He was sure that he was going to call Tamaki and she was expecting him to call the rest of the host club. She knew it was only a matter of time before all of them were on their way.

It was now a race. Even though Haruhi didn’t like driving all that much, now was an exception. Hisoka had been her friend through the academy, even if it was only listening to her rant about the shenanigans of the host club…and helping Haruhi realize her feelings for Tamaki. Now it was only fair to help her friend back.

And yet in another area of town, the rest of the host club was climbing into their cars, still in their pajamas. Each determined to help their friend, Kyoya, have his chance to fall in love. Plus, how could they let the Shadow King’s child grow up without proper parents? They were suckers for cute children. Besides, it did look heart wrenching with Hisoka crying because she felt alone in her current state, without someone who would hold her tight or feel her swollen belly for maybe a hint of movement.

Hisoka was currently unaware of what was going on. Her phone was silent; no one had attempted to call. She was fast asleep, curled up on her side while heavy blankets covered her sleeping form. Her hair was sprawled out on the white pillow that cradled her head. Unfortunately for her, she had a long night ahead.

As soon as Kyoya arrived, he stepped out of his car, not caring for his door to be opened for him. He didn’t shut it, making his way inside but as soon as he entered, he was stopped. In front of him stood the entire host club, even Tamaki who still was entirely confused by the whole thing.

Kyoya arched one eyebrow at them, folding his arms as he stared them all down. Each one of them stared back, not wavering under his gaze. He let out a soft sigh and pushed his glasses up higher on the bridge of his nose.

“What is the meaning of this?”

“Why are you here?” Haruhi asked, glaring at him almost.

He could help but smirk slightly. The fire in Haruhi was something he had been attracted to when he sought after her. Now she was someone else’s.

“I’m here for my wife. Is there a problem?” He asked.

Takashi and Mitskuni shared a look as well as the twins. Tamaki glanced around helplessly, still trying to put it together without the aid of others explaining it to him. Haruhi took Tamaki’s hand and squeezed it gently, calming him down almost instantly.