Chapter 4

Thanks again for the reviews! I like all the input I’m getting and it’s definitely helped open a few doors for the plot. So I greatly appreciate all of it and as always, keep reviewing please.

Affections and Attention

Chapter Four

Hisoka was almost five months along now. The baby was growing bigger every day, making her swollen stomach more pronounced. She rubbed a small hand over it as she lay in bed, not wanting to get up. She glanced around her current room. White walls with pale blue curtains that shifted in the breeze and the doors out to the private jacuzzi open slightly. A flat screen television sat across the room from her bed, blank and quiet. A small knock at her door forced her out of bed to answer it. Pulling on her silk robe she answered the door.

Fuyumi smiled at her, wearing a similar robe. “Come on. We’re going to get pedicures and then get a little sun.” She extended her hand out to Hisoka.

“Sounds like fun,” Hisoka answered with a small smile. She took Fuyumi’s hand and let her pull her to the small building that had soft music playing. The doors and windows were open, letting the warm breeze blow thru it.

Hisoka sat down in a chair next to Fuyumi, letting herself relax. It had been a few weeks since she had left. She was beginning to lose hope that maybe Kyoya wasn’t coming, or else had noticed and was glad she had left. She was beginning to wonder if she had to take even more drastic action since Haruhi’s plan hadn’t originally worked.

“I’ve been talking with Kyoya,” Fuyumi said, looking over at her. “He’s beginning to notice something is off. I don’t think it’ll take much longer. He normally is very observant but he’s been so into his work. Father has really been laying the load on him.”

Of course Fuyumi didn’t tell Hisoka that the reason why was because Yoshiro wanted Kyoya to have some time with Hisoka and produce an heir. However, neither knew that it had already happened. Fuyumi knew it was only a matter of time before Kyoya would have some time off to accomplish his father’s wishes and find out the truth. Hopefully he might find some feelings hidden in his own heart.

Hisoka let out a disappointed sigh and looked down at her feet. The attendants were started to clean and massage their feet and as good as it felt, it didn’t help her feel any better inside. She figured that at least the worst was that he never would notice and that she would be stuck living separately, only seeing Kyoya when matters of business needed attending to. She could live her own life and raise their child.

“Don’t look so sad. I know Haruhi has been trying to get the others to visit Kyoya and help you out but…he hasn’t really been sociable. But don’t worry! Everything will work out,” she said, trying to help her think on the bright side.

“That’s what you keep saying,” she said softly, giving Fuyumi a sad smile.

At that current moment, Kyoya was sitting in his study. He was staring at the screen on his computer. He had just finished some work with one of the hospitals, making sure that they had all the necessary medications stocked up. He leaned back and looked down at his watch, eyebrows rising in surprise. It was well past his normal bedtime. He frowned and looked around; expecting to find Hisoka coming in and apologizing for not making him retire to bed earlier. This had been happening a lot as of late.

He got up out of his chair and went to her room, finding it empty. She herself would have been in bed at this hour but there was no sign. Maybe she was curled up in the library again, asleep on one of the couches. He went to investigate and found it empty as well.

He sat down, trying to think at where she might be. It was out of the norm for her and now come to think of it, he hadn’t seen her in a while. The servants had been doing what she normally would have done. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, mentally cursing himself for not noticing earlier. He felt a strange feeling in his chest, something that he immediately tried to ignore but it was eating at him.

He went down into the kitchens, maybe expecting to see her there having a midnight snack. He opened the door and found the few servants in there scrambling to bow before him. “Master Kyoya!”

He glanced over them all until his gaze landed on one of the women who had her hair pulled back in a braid. Her name was Tsuki, one of the servants who had helped Hisoka cook. He raised an eyebrow at her, pushing his glasses up so there was a glare from the kitchen light.

“Where is Hisoka?” He asked. Truthfully, he was starting to dread the answer. What if she had run off with someone or away from him? He scoffed at himself as soon as he thought that. She was not like that…but she was gone and he didn’t know where. He was pretty sure she would have told him if she went somewhere.

“Master Kyoya? You do not know?” One of the others said. He frowned; he did not particularly appreciate it when others knew things before he did, especially in his own household.

The servants shared a look before Tsuki answered him. “She’s been gone for weeks now Master Kyouya. Mrs. Suoh convinced her to take some time off.”

Take some time off? Time off from what? And why hadn’t she told him where she was going? How come she had been gone for so long? The whole thing seemed fishy and if he didn’t find where she was, this was sure to cause trouble that he didn’t want to deal with. He nodded towards them all before leaving and pulling out his phone.

“Mommy!” A voice shrieked in his ear as soon as he placed the call. He sighed.

“Tamaki, I have something to ask you,” he said calmly, making his way to his bedroom.

“Anything! What is it?”

“It concerns my wife, and yours. I understand both of them went somewhere some time ago. Where, by chance, did they go?” He asked.

“You…you don’t know?” He asked, surprised.

He was really starting to get annoyed that everyone seemed to know but him. He made a mental note in his head to pay more attention to the outside world.

“Haruhi and I took Hisoka to one of your families resorts with the others. Hisoka-chan said that you were too busy working to come…Haruhi said not for us to call you and try and get you to come,” Tamaki said slowly, starting to think something was up.

Kyouya froze. Hisoka would never lie. True he had been working constantly but he was definitely sure he had never brought it up…of course since that dinner party when he wouldn’t let her ask what she wanted. He sighed, knowing he had been impulsive. He had done something to upset her and…he felt bad about it. He had never meant to chase her away. That feelings was foreign to him but he realized he could ignore it no longer.

“Kyoya?” Tamaki asked, bringing him back.

“So she’s still there then?” He asked, starting to throw on a new pair of clothes. He was going to go find her and ask her to return to their home. He hesitated. He could just let her stay there, keep his distance but…there would be talk of it anyways. He couldn’t let the press get a hold of this and…it was nice having her around to talk to. She didn’t judge him like others did. That realization nearly made his heart stop. This definitely wasn’t like him.

 “If she’s not there will you then I suppose…Haruhi is out with her father right now. Would you like me to call and ask her what’s going on?” Tamaki asked even though he was going to do so anyways.

“No. I’m going to go to her and find out from her what is going on,” he said and hung up. It would only take him minutes before he was out in his limo, his driver taking him to the resort. He folded his arms, feeling a tad impatient. This was completely out of character for her and he was slightly worried although he wouldn’t admit it.

“Step on it please,” Kyouya said, glancing out the window as they sped towards their destination. It was a bit of a drive but he had to bring her back and find out the reason why she left.