Chapter 12

***For anyone following this, I finally came back to see if I could get the final chapters to actually post here. This was also on fanfiction.net for anyone who didn't see.***

Affections and Attention

Chapter 12

Several months had passed since their anniversary and things had taken a 180 from a year ago. Kyoya was more of himself that he used to be in the way that he would interact with the club more and not be anti-social and overwork himself. Hisoka had also regained her smiles, laughter, and friendships. Things were looking up all over.

One thing that had changed was the way that Hisoka and Kyoya treated each other. They had started sharing a room since their anniversary night and started doing things together. It was a new experience for the both of them to be in a close relationship and work out daily routines with their new intimacy but it was working and that was what mattered.

Hisoka would often help Kyoya with the business meetings and deals and in return Kyoya would spend time and do activities with her and the other club members. With their happiness on the incline, there was one thing that still haunted Hisoka.

She could never forget her baby, what mother could? Despite everything going well she still felt a hollow spot inside from that day she felt like he had lost everything. Her sadness had seem to grow again with the recent news that Haruhi and Tamaki were now expecting and she was genuinely happy for them but it brought back those painful memories. She was careful not to show that to the new parents because this was something they should enjoy. However, in the few moments she had to herself, she would find herself sitting in front of the little grave just lost in thought. Especially know that there was going to be more change in the Ootori household.

Nothing could fix what had happened a year before. Not her marriage or another baby. She thought that maybe it could fix that hole that had opened up inside but it never quite seemed to heal and she had figured out that it never was really going to. There was nothing that she could do other than let time make the pain hurt less.

Kyoya, of course, had noticed these moments increase with it now being a year since they lost their son prematurely. She wasn't the only one that had a hollow spot inside from that loss. He still blamed himself for the entire situation even though logically, it was no one's fault to begin with.

"Hisoka," he said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. He felt her jump in surprise, obviously not expecting him to be outside seeing her like this. She didn't want to worry him.

"Sorry, I just wanted to come outside for a moment," she said, forcing a smile onto her face and standing up. She turned to face him and her smile falter facing that knowing look. He had been much better about noticing all the little expressions she had and he knew better than to expect her to be feeling wonderful.

"It's okay to feel this way. I suspect we will feel this way for a long time," he said, leaving his hand on her shoulder as a way to show comfort. "I know I told you that I will always be here but I will keep reminding you because I know you need to hear it."

A small smile did grace her lips at that point as she continued to look up at him. "Thank you, Is there anything I can do for you now that your business call has ended?"

"Will you accompany me on a date, my lady?" He asked with a sly grin and a bow that imitated Tamaki.

She couldn't help but giggle and nod, taking his hand and intertwining her fingers with his. "I love that sound of that. What do you have in mind?"

XxXxX

Sitting on a recliner on the side of the pool, Kyoya and Hisoka sipped on their drinks and relaxed. They were the only ones at the resort and the tropical scenery was a nice change. They were both dressed in bathing suits even though they weren't planning on swimming for a while.

"Thank you, for everything," Hisoka spoke up after a few minutes of silence. "I don't think you understand how much I appreciate that you gave me a chance and you have been so supportive...I don't ever want to take you for granted."

Kyoya reached over and took her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze, a way to say thank you without actually saying it.

"Kyoya I have something to tell you," she said after another few minutes of silence.

"What is it?" He asked, looking over and raising an eyebrow at her. He had been ever so watchful and usually he knew what she was going to say before she ever said it.

"I'm pregnant again," she blurted out, biting her lip and watching for his reaction.

It took a few moments to register her words but when they did, his eyes widened and he sat up. "Are you sure?"

"I took a few tests and they all came back positive but I haven't made a visit to a doctor yet. I wanted to tell you before I did anything," she admitted, looking away and withdrawing her hand.

Kyoya stood up and sat down on the edge of her recliner and took her hands back into his own, forcing her to look into his eyes. "I want this. I will do whatever I can to be there this time for you."

Tears came to her eyes as she smiled and nodded. She went to hug him but stopped as Kyoya withdrew his hands and slipped his phone out of his pocket.

"I'm just going to make an appointment real quick and then we can celebrate. I want to make sure everything is going to be okay," he said quickly as he dialed the number.

Before, she would have been upset by his move but now...now it made her smile because she knew that he cared and he was just as nervous about this as she was.

"I love you Kyoya."

The End