I Just Had To Fall In Love With The Vampires Royalties Golden Boy! [15]

Ashley Daniels

My head is killing me! I go to raise my hand to my head but find my movements sluggish and slow. Argh! Opening my eyes slowly im greeted by a plain white ceiling and a soft beeping noise not to far from my head.

“What’s going on?” My voice sounds raspy and slightly odd. Memories are coming back to me in pictures to quick for me to understand.

“Ashley! I’m so glad your okay.” I jump slightly as a soft breeze enters the room and Amber rushes to my side her face pained.  

“Off course im okay, I only fainted.” I say to her I don’t like people to worry about me, im independent always have been.  Slowly I sit up and notice I must be in some kind of private hospital im pleased to note that the king is no where to be seen, for some reasons he makes my stomach go into knots but not the good kind the kind you should fear.

“You’ve been out for just over four hours.” Amber stated after briefly glancing at her watch.

“Wow, my shift starts in like-“ I hesitate and add it up slowly in my head. “Two hours, damn.” I swing my legs over the side of the bed glad to see im no long in that dress and in jeans and a thin hoody. I hope Amber changed me.

“Wait you can’t go the King- He well he wants to speak with you.” Her voice goes from normal to sad as if this is bad news, that doesn’t make me feel confident.

“Okay yeah I feel like that’s going to happen.” I scoff grabbing my shoes and shoving them on my feet Amber looks confused as I stand and walk out the door.

“You need a lift home?” I say with out thinking that I haven’t got my car, Amber sends me a half smile.

“No Jay is waiting for me outside-“ That warning came a little to late as I turn out the room and go head first into a firm chest.

“Ow!” I say clutching my nose, it doesn’t hurt that bad but im one for theatrics.

“Sorry.” Comes a blunt response I look up and find my self looking into those eyes his jaw tightens and I can tell he feels uncomfortable I take a step back and lower my head.

“No im sorry I forget about the, ya know” I say miming fangs with my fingers, his eye brow twitches.

“Id never harm you.” He says even though his voice sounds cold I still believe what he says, the air is thick with tension I don’t understand why, that’s when I remember well most things they hit me like a wave about me being the star and the fighting spirit I must find and fall in love with.

“I have to go.” I say quickly brushing past him even that contact makes my body tingle all over. I don’t look back when Amber calls my name I just keep walking. Why me, I liked my life being uneventful and simple it was how I wanted it. I feel angry, I haven’t done that many things wrong ive tried to make it on my own why now?!

“Ashley Winters you will stop!” A voice says causing my feet to freeze, I turn slowly and see the king standing there his brown hair slicked back looking greasy and vile. His guards are not far behind him, he is staring at me in a controlling way. I see Jacob and Amber appear behind the king but im so angry I cant seem to control myself.

“Screw you.” I shout to the king and turn and walk away. Now why do I think that’s going to bite me in the ass? Literally.