Chapter 26

Dinah POV

It'd been a week since the accident and Demi still hadn't woken up or shown any signs of waking up. They girls and I are heading back with Max to LA today. Demi's family seems to be coping alright, they're so strong to handle this as well as they are. Max took it especially hard and has barely said anything this past week. It was getting harder and harder to get her to eat and to even get her out of bed in the morning. Camila's taken it really hard too, Lauren has been keeping an eye on her because she can be a danger to herself when she's this depressed. We had just finished making sure everything was packed up since Demi's mom was about to take us to the airport. Maddie, Dallas, and Eddie couldn't ride so we all said our goodbyes and we loaded the car and were on our way to the airport which was very close to their house. "Call me every day girls, please. I'll keep you all updated." Demi's mom said. "Of course, and thank you." Ally said. It seemed like all we did was blink and we were at the airport saying goodbye before we took out luggage in and boarded our flight.

Lauren POV

We had just boarded the plane, Ally was infront of me sleeping, Norminah was behind me, and Camila was beside me with Max on her lap. Max was asleep and cuddled into Camila, not letting her go. Camila was staring out the window drifting in and out of sleep. I turned around towards Dinah and Normani, "Guys can we take turns watching Camila and Max so each of us can get some sleep?" I suggested. "Yea sure, want me to watch her first, I'm not tired." Normani offered. "Sure, thanks Mani." I laid down in my seat and fell asleep.

Normani POV

The whole time I was watching Camila and Max, making sure that they were okay, they seemed to be alright. After about 30 minutes Max started whimpering in her sleep, I shook Lauren awake, "Laur, Max.." I said. She sat up and tried to hold Max to calm her down but everytime she tried to get Max from Camila's arms, Camila would cry. And I know for a fact that Lauren can't stand seeing Camila cry. "What do I do?" Lauren asked me. "Quickly give Max to Ally because Ally is good with kids and she will be able to calm her down, then you can calm Mila down." I told her. "Thank you so much Mani you're life saver." I smiled at her then watched, hoping everything would end up okay.

Lauren POV

I shook Ally awake and told her what was going on and she was instantly alert. I quickly took Max, who was crying pretty badly by now, and handed her to Ally, who rocked her back and forth and comforted her until she was calm. Now I had to take care of Mila. I lifted up the arm rest that was between us so that I could get to her. She was still sleeping, but she was crying. "Mila baby.. I got you." I ran my fingers through her hair and she melted into my embrace as she stopped crying. I had her in my lap at this point. "Shhh.." I rocked her from side to side until she was completely peaceful again. I was glad that wasn't too chaotic. I eventually fell asleep and slept the rest of the plane ride as did the rest of the girls, or i think they did.

Max POV

I woke up and someone was carrying me, they smelled like mommy.. Like vanilla. So I thought I just had a really bad dream and mommy was okay. I looked up and I saw it was Ally. Maybe we were still with the girls in Texas. I looked around and i was in an airport and mommy wasn't there.. So it wasn't a dream.. It was all my fault that mommy got hurt.. I just had to be so stupid.. I hate myself. It's all my fault..

Ally POV

We were walking through the airport about to get into the car to be taken home and I felt Max look up and look around really fast before buying her head back in my shoulder and crying. "Awe.. sweetie. You're okay.. I've got you." I rubbed her back as we got into the car. "Is she crying?" Lauren mouthed. I nodded. She let out a sympathetic sigh. "Let me see her.." Mila spoke up. I handed Max to Mila and she immediately relaxed into her arms as Camila comforted her. It was amazing how accustomed she was to Camila and how quickly she calmed down once she was in Camila's arms. "Go back to sleep love. We got you." Camila smoothed Max's hair. Max sighed and snuggled closer to Mila and fell asleep. "You're so good with her Camz." Lauren said. I nodded in agreement. "You really are Hun. I never realized how good you are with kids."' Dinah said. "You are." Mani agreed. Camila smiled, "thanks." We eventually got home and unloaded the car and all got some time to unwind and relax. Everyone had a snack, even Camila. It took a little persuading from Lauren but she ate, which we were all very proud of her for. We decided to let Max sleep, but she was going to eat whenever she woke up. Everyone cuddled up in the living room to watch tv and take naps. It felt good to be home and unwind after everything that happened in this past week.